Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Sony Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Sony Accessories
Thread started 28 Apr 2015 (Tuesday) 15:39
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

What camera bag(s) do you use for your Sony cameras and gear?

navydoc
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
10,699 posts
Gallery: 44 photos
Joined Oct 2009
Inland Empire, So. Cal
Jun 11, 2016 21:27 |  #31

Here is my loaded roller bag for the moment. I know I'll be doing a lot of adjusting over time until I'm satisfied with the layout. I wanted to have both cameras stored with a lens already mounted but haven't decided which 'default' lens to use for each. That might impact how the divider's are spaced.

I haven't included my Canon 5D3, the EF 17-40 or 24-70 lenses as I plan on selling them. The one lens not shown yet is my Canon 85 f1.8. I'm undecided whether to sell it or not but as you can see, I have plenty of room for it in my new roller bag. I do have a few more bits and pieces to add but am in no real rush at the moment.

I'll probably print this out and put it in one of the lid pouches to remind me where everything is for awhile. ;-)a

(Excuse the phone photo)

IMAGE: https://c8.staticflickr.com/8/7060/27532607511_6f4b4243be_b.jpg
[IMAGE'S LINK: https://flic.kr/p/HWXN​Zv] (external link)My roller bag (external link) by Gene (external link), on Flickr

Gene - My Photo Gallery ||external link My USS Oriskany websiteexternal link || My Flickrexternal link
Take nothing but photos - leave nothing but footprints - break nothing but silence - kill nothing but time.

sponsored links
cnskusa
46 posts
Joined Jun 2016
Aug 15, 2016 10:03 |  #32

kata 3n1 22 for a7 and sigma lenses

Charlie
Guess What! I'm Pregnant!
13,443 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Sep 2007
Aug 16, 2016 18:25 |  #33

few weeks back, I bought ANOTHER holster bag, I wanted a less bulky bag, my current holster was make for a 100-400 with body attached, and was too big for my smallish gear.

With my biggest being the 70-300, slightly bigger than the 24-70 GM, I was able to fit that lens WITH hood attached into this bag! It's incredibly compact and form fitting. When used without the popdown, it can fit something such as the the FE 35 or FE 55 WITH hood attached. It makes holding the bigger combos (24-70ii/70-300) an absolute joy, and great for the smaller combos as well. Was using it at the beach along with the lowepro S&F lens changer 100, works so well for lens changes and fairly compact. Was able to hold 3 filters in the front pocket, ND 9, ND 1000, CPL all 82mm. Side pocket can accomodate a few batteries and memory card.

Digital Holster 10 V2.0

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Sony A7r - A7ii - A7rii - FE 12-24/4 - FE 24-240 - FE 35/2.8 - CV 35/1.7 - FE 50/1.8 - FE 85/1.8 - EF 135/1.8 Art - F 600/5.6 - CY 35-70, 100-300 - Astro Rok 14/2.8, 24/1.4

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
Joined Dec 2008
Omak, in north-central Washington state, USA
Sep 17, 2016 21:48 |  #34

I got a neoprene sleeve that was made as an iPad protector at the dollar store. It works fine as a bag for my old Sony H-5. Not really any need for anything more substantial; the sleeve does exactly what a bag needs to do.

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "peace of mind", NOT "piece of mind".

2mnycars
Goldmember
2,984 posts
Joined Apr 2009
Canada
Post has been edited 9 months ago by 2mnycars.
Dec 25, 2016 11:08 |  #35

Please check the delrin? fittings that attach your bag to the strap. I had to replace mine due to breakage. I used carabiners i purchased from Mountain Equipment Coop. I had broken fittings on two bags after light and very occasional use.

Not so good Tiffen/Domke. My bags were made/sold by Tiffen. Not Mr Domke

Dave

Charlie wrote in post #17536324 (external link)
two of my primary setups, one is a shoulder bag, and the other is a modular belt.

Domke F2 fits globs of gear, great for gear that's not too big.

Lowepro Utility Bag 100 AW - basically a body + lens attached + another lens.

Rezo 110 AW - either two lenses or body and 24-70

Lowepro ILC 50 - accessories or A7r + Voigtlander 40. This is what I carried to a recent wedding, however, I had a yearning for more gear and brought the bag after leaving it in the car.

When it comes to straps, I typically dont use them. Only the paracord wrist strap.
thumbnailHosted photo: posted by Charlie in
./showthread.php?p=175​36324&i=i264868552
forum: Sony Accessories
thumbnailHosted photo: posted by Charlie in
./showthread.php?p=175​36324&i=i85476395
forum: Sony Accessories

Dave L
I'm a bagaholic

vinmunoz
Cream of the Crop
Joined Sep 2010
California
Jan 21, 2017 17:23 as a reply to post 17536297 |  #36

I have that Gene and I like it.

VINZ - SONY A7RII/A6000/FDR-X3000 | 85GM | FE3514 | FE1635F4 |
INSTAGRAM (external link)- WEBSITE (external link) - FACEBOOK (external link) - 500PX (external link)

Hogloff
Cream of the Crop
7,305 posts
Joined Apr 2003
British Columbia
Jan 28, 2017 13:29 |  #37

I've given up on photo packs as they are overpriced and not made for comfort carrying. Tried enough different types and makes to know they all have problems.

I've settled on a trekking pack from Osprey and use lens / camera wraps for my gear. The pack has room for my gear along with some extras like sweater, hat, sun screen, bug spray etc... Harness system is great and the belt makes carrying all my gear all day long a breeze. No more sore shoulder or back at the end of the day like I got from the likes of Fstop and Lowepro packs.

bsp
959 posts
Joined Jan 2008
NC, MN
Feb 08, 2017 18:39 |  #38

Hogloff wrote in post #18257887 (external link)
I've given up on photo packs as they are overpriced and not made for comfort carrying. Tried enough different types and makes to know they all have problems.

I've settled on a trekking pack from Osprey and use lens / camera wraps for my gear. The pack has room for my gear along with some extras like sweater, hat, sun screen, bug spray etc... Harness system is great and the belt makes carrying all my gear all day long a breeze. No more sore shoulder or back at the end of the day like I got from the likes of Fstop and Lowepro packs.

What Osprey did you go with? I'm actually looking to do the exact same thing, convert a true hiking bag into a camera bag but I'd like something capable of holding my tripod front and center (not in a side pocket).

Brian
Gear & Feedback

sponsored links

16,824 views & 23 likes for this thread
What camera bag(s) do you use for your Sony cameras and gear?
FORUMS Sony Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Sony Accessories

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.