Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Nature & Landscapes Talk
Thread started 04 May 2015 (Monday) 10:15
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

10 stop ND: Lee Big Stopper vs. Singh Ray vs. Breakthrough Photography

xpfloyd
Cream of the Crop
Joined Feb 2011
Glasgow, Scotland
Nov 11, 2015 06:51 as a reply to post 17779661 |  #76

:)

TSE = tilt shift electronic (since the aperture is electronic)

EF = electro-focus

Although a TSE lens has an EF mount its not an EF lens as its manual focus

Eddie | flickr (external link)| gear
x100F | α7R II
Voigtlander 15 | Zeiss Loxia 21 | Samyang 24 | Contax Zeiss 100-300
Sony 28 | Sony/Zeiss 55 | Zeiss Batis 85 | Sony 90 Macro

sponsored links
xpfloyd
Cream of the Crop
Joined Feb 2011
Glasgow, Scotland
Nov 11, 2015 06:53 |  #77

philmar wrote in post #17779664 (external link)
So I have looked at my 5D3 and see the rubber stopper. Too bad it doesn't work while it's on the strap.

I used to use mine while it was on the strap. It was a while ago though so can't remember exactly how. I've got in my head that you have to remove the eye cup and slide it on but could be wrong

Eddie | flickr (external link)| gear
x100F | α7R II
Voigtlander 15 | Zeiss Loxia 21 | Samyang 24 | Contax Zeiss 100-300
Sony 28 | Sony/Zeiss 55 | Zeiss Batis 85 | Sony 90 Macro

TRhoads
Goldmember
Joined Jun 2009
Roswell, Georgia
Post has been edited over 2 years ago by TRhoads.
Nov 11, 2015 07:35 |  #78

philmar wrote in post #17779661 (external link)
Of course. TSE rather than the obvious TSL.
WTF

I know right...much like Tv is to set shutter priority, I won't admit how long it was before I figured out what it really stood for...how about SP...or AP for Aperture Priority...

philmar wrote in post #17779664 (external link)
So I have looked at my 5D3 and see the rubber stopper. Too bad it doesn't work while it's on the strap.

It will work while on the strap, the bigger problem for me with that thing, you have to take the eyecup off...which if you are me...means you had to buy a new eyecup and spend $35 to have an $8 part shipped overnight across the country ahead of your trip...because in packing two days before leaving you can't find the stupid thing....but that could just be me!:lol:

xpfloyd wrote in post #17779676 (external link)
:)

TSE = tilt shift electronic (since the aperture is electronic)

EF = electro-focus

Although a TSE lens has an EF mount its not an EF lens as its manual focus

missed that you had posted....I can now say I know what both of those monikers mean too...because until now...I didn't!:oops:

Gear List & Feedback | SmugMug Page (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Facebook (external link)

philmar
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jan 2007
Toronto, Canada
Nov 12, 2015 09:50 |  #79

Yikes - thanks for the info. I am the type that would lose the eye cup several times. I'll look for a black rag. I bet Canon sells one for $50.

A photo I took HERE published in National Geographic
Time on your hands? Then
HERE'S plenty more photos to nibble on
 (external link):

http://https ...photos/phil_marion/​albums (external link)

Jayart
Hatchling
1 post
Joined Feb 2016
Feb 21, 2016 21:48 |  #80

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I was wondering if anyone had experience with stacked filters, IQ and their colourcast.

I have a Breakthrough X3 10-stop filter, though really want to push on out to 16 stops as 10 stops just doesnt drag the exposure time out long enough - so my options are getting a 6-stop from Breakthrough and stacking it with the 10-stop, or buying a Firecrest 16-stop ND.

Neither are easy to get hold of in Australia, both are very costly (annoyingly more so for the Breakthrough if you consider needing two filters and likely vignetting at the wide end) and have read about some QC issues with Firecrest a while back - and due to Breakthrough being relatively new & unknown I havent found any reviews where someone has stacked them to see what happens to image quality.

JJD.Photography
Goldmember
1,409 posts
Joined Apr 2005
Toronto
Sep 03, 2017 16:49 as a reply to Jayart's post |  #81

I recently purchased Breakthrough 3, 6, and 10 stop 77mm filters along with the Lee Super Stopper 4X4. I'll report back when I stack the 10 & 6...

His And Her Photographs (external link)
flickr (external link)

sponsored links

20,161 views & 14 likes for this thread
10 stop ND: Lee Big Stopper vs. Singh Ray vs. Breakthrough Photography
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Nature & Landscapes Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.