Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Gear Reviews Bag Reviews
Thread started 06 May 2015 (Wednesday) 23:21
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

f-stop Guru, reviewed by FarmerTed1971

TOGGLE RATINGS BETWEEN ALL AND FarmerTed1971 (showing now: FarmerTed1971)
Overall Rating9.5
Value for Money9
Must Have9
Got What I Expected10
Build Quality10
Carrying Comfort9.5
Fast Shootingn/a
not rated
Durability10
Compartment Logic9.5
Versatility9.5
Security9.5
Weather Protection10
Ownership Status: "own"

Click here for detailed specs and sample photos.
Click ratings to see total averages and rating distributions.
List all reviews of f-stop Guru

manqvu
42 posts
Joined Nov 2014
Aug 06, 2016 12:00 |  #31

Given all the news circulating here regarding f stop, I decided to call customer service regarding my order placed in May. I left a message and was surprised to get a reply later in the day. The rep stated that they were expecting a shipment soon and my order would be fulfilled. Do you think they are just stringing me along further? Should I go ahead and contact my cc company to get my funds returned if possible?

sponsored links
FarmerTed1971
THREAD ­ STARTER
fondling the 5D4
Joined Sep 2013
Portland, OR
Aug 06, 2016 12:08 as a reply to manqvu's post |  #32

I would guess they are being truthful. May is a long time ago and you are probably high on the list for product currently in production/transport. Just a guess.

There is no way I'd be placing any order with this company right now though. Total shame to hear these rumors as my two f-stop bags are awesome and I cannot see using anything else.

Getting better at this - Fuji Xt-2 - Fuji X-Pro2 - 18-55 - 35 f2 WR - 50-140 - 6D - 135L - 70-200 f4L IS - 600EX-RT x2 - ST-E3-RT - flickr (external link) - www.scottaticephoto.co​m (external link)

BossBob
66 posts
Joined Mar 2009
Aug 07, 2016 02:36 |  #33

Just to say that the Loka and Guru bags and icu's that my wife and I own are the best camera carriers we've owned and if f-stop go bust I don't know what I'd replace them with. I'd also add that if you use a credit card as payment for an item and the company goes bust your money (here in the UK) is protected and you'll get it all back. The worst thing that can happen to f-stop is people stop ordering goods and they end up with containers of stuff they have to sell at knock down prices. We were willing to wait a bit while they were setting up the supply chain originally, so why not give them a chance now?

manqvu
42 posts
Joined Nov 2014
Aug 27, 2016 15:39 |  #34

To my surprise, I received an email from F-stop stating that the bag I ordered in May will ship in only 3 weeks! And here I thought all hope was lost.

In the same email however, they asked if I would accept an upgrade to an xl pro ICU from the large pro ICU I ordered with the bag. Although the xl pro ICU would not be ideal because I'm thinking it would take up all of the space in the Tilopa I ordered, I think I might just take them up on their offer as it sounds like the large pro ICU would be further delayed. I see there are large pro icu's for sale on eBay for a reasonable price.

Any thoughts?

FarmerTed1971
THREAD ­ STARTER
fondling the 5D4
Joined Sep 2013
Portland, OR
Sep 14, 2016 08:37 |  #35

Sorry I missed your post above... what did you end up doing?

Getting better at this - Fuji Xt-2 - Fuji X-Pro2 - 18-55 - 35 f2 WR - 50-140 - 6D - 135L - 70-200 f4L IS - 600EX-RT x2 - ST-E3-RT - flickr (external link) - www.scottaticephoto.co​m (external link)

manqvu
42 posts
Joined Nov 2014
Sep 14, 2016 12:48 |  #36

I ended up buying a large pro from eBay. It arrived within a week. It was pretty brand new. Now just patiently awaiting the delivery from f-stop...

manqvu
42 posts
Joined Nov 2014
Sep 20, 2016 22:02 |  #37

Got my delivery confirmation via email from F-stop today as they promised one month ago. They anticipated 9/20 as the shipping date and they were spot on! I cant wait to get it.

jlt23
404 posts
Joined May 2010
Tustin, CA
Sep 20, 2016 23:35 as a reply to manqvu's post |  #38

Glad you are getting your products. I never had a problem with delivery, but with all of the articles about the company's situation has me worried. I really like their products. Enjoy your bag.

James

sponsored links

11,135 views & 14 likes for this thread
f-stop Guru, reviewed by FarmerTed1971
FORUMS Gear Reviews Bag Reviews

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.