Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Gear Reviews Flash Reviews
Thread started 16 Jun 2015 (Tuesday) 09:45
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Yongnuo YN-500EX, reviewed by Ronin Silv

TOGGLE RATINGS BETWEEN ALL AND Ronin Silv (showing now: Ronin Silv)
Overall Rating10
Value for Money10
Must Have10
Got What I Expected10
Metering Accuracy10
User-interface10
Ownership Status: "own"

Click here for detailed specs and sample photos.
Click ratings to see total averages and rating distributions.
List all reviews of Yongnuo YN-500EX

Ronin ­ Silv
Goldmember
Joined Jul 2009
Kent UK
Jun 16, 2015 09:45 |  #1

I have owned this flash for about a year and never had any problems with it, I've shot portraits both in a studio environment and on location including climbing in, out of and around abandoned building where it's been knocked about and it's never failed me.
The TTL works perfectly, and paired with Yongnuo's YN-622C triggers you have full manual control from your camera for a fraction of the price of a Canon speedlite and some pocket wizards.
I'd recommend it to anyone who asked all the performance at a fraction of the cost.

Film gear Rollecord V, Yashica A, Halina 35X, Olympus Trip and Canon EOS 5, 500 and 300v
Stusio Visage Facebook (external link) flickr (external link) studiovisagefolkestone​.com (external link)

heathermc72
59 posts
Joined Feb 2014
Dec 08, 2015 23:49 |  #2

I also have owned and used this flash for a few months now and have been pleased with it's performance and build quality. My only complaint would be that I sometimes changed the FEC accidentally by inadvertantly bumping the buttons on the flash. Haven't had that problem before, but it's no biggie. Overall, a great flash for the money, or just a good flash, period.

Ronin ­ Silv
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Jul 2009
Kent UK
Jun 30, 2016 09:50 as a reply to post 18054104 |  #3

Check to see if you have it in controller mode this maybe your problem, though not having used one I wouldn't know exactly.

Film gear Rollecord V, Yashica A, Halina 35X, Olympus Trip and Canon EOS 5, 500 and 300v
Stusio Visage Facebook (external link) flickr (external link) studiovisagefolkestone​.com (external link)

3,206 views & 0 likes for this thread
Yongnuo YN-500EX, reviewed by Ronin Silv
FORUMS Gear Reviews Flash Reviews

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.