Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Gear Reviews Bag Reviews
Thread started 02 Jul 2015 (Thursday) 20:31
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Think Tank Photo StreetWalker Pro Camera Backpack, reviewed by KayakPhotos

TOGGLE RATINGS BETWEEN ALL AND KayakPhotos (showing now: KayakPhotos)
Overall Rating9.5
Value for Money9
Must Have9.5
Got What I Expected9.5
Build Quality9.5
Carrying Comfort9.5
Fast Shooting8.5
Durability9.5
Compartment Logic9.5
Versatility9
Security9
Weather Protection9
Ownership Status: "own"

Click here for detailed specs and sample photos.
Click ratings to see total averages and rating distributions.
List all reviews of Think Tank Photo StreetWalker Pro Camera Backpack

KayakPhotos
Goldmember
Joined May 2008
Naples, FL
Jul 02, 2015 20:31 |  #1

I have recently added a Think Tank Street Walker Pro pack to my gear.

I was looking for a bag that would be able to fit all of my gear. I previously used an older Lowepro "sling" style bag which worked ok, but didn't distribute heavy weight well and wasn't able to fit all my gear in. It served it's purpose, but it was time to move on.

I personally like the way that the bag is designed. I researched several different bags in the similar classes and felt that this form factor fit what I wanted best. It is very deep but narrow. This is nice because it doesn't feel all that big and I am not always hitting my bag against stuff when I'm out in the field. I enjoy wildlife photography, so this is a nice feature. I also like that I am able to fit the bag into carry-on if I desire to. I was comparing this bag to the similar LowePro options, and I would have had to go with a larger bag to fit the same amount of gear which sealed my decision for this one.

Fit and finish is very nice and it seems like the designers really put their time in making this bag work for photographers. The dividers are easily removable and I actually like the thinner dividers since it allows more gear to be stored in a smaller space. I noticed that some of the other manufacturers have thicker dividers. The bag is also very deep, which allows lenses up to around 6.5" to be "stood up" rather than laying down flat. I also really like the back padding that is available and it allows nice air flow, which is a bonus here in South Florida.

I ended up going to an actual photo store and trying several bags out to see what the best fit would be. I would recommend this, because many of the bags are very similar and I had to try out a few to pick my favorite. You can't really go wrong with most of your main manufacturers from what I've seen. If this bag meets your shooting needs I would strongly recommend taking a look at it.

Just a thought from Daniel
Pictures (external link)
Gear

sponsored links
appdroid
Joined Dec 2012
Chicago,IL
Aug 26, 2015 00:41 |  #2

Thank you. Helped me narrow my choices.

5D MKII Gripped l 60D Gripped l 24-70 2.8 L l 70-200 2.8 L l 16-28 2.8 l 50 1.4
http://www.Picturesque​byAP.com (external link) flickr (external link)

MinhThien
Goldmember
1,636 posts
Joined Apr 2008
Vancouver, British Columbia
Nov 11, 2015 15:16 |  #3

Wish there's a spot for my laptop. The HD is just too big. IMO the Pro is a perfect size just make the internal a bit smaller so you can add a laptop space.

Eric
5D III | 35L II | 200L IS | 85L II | 85A | 430EX | 190CXPRO4 | 498RC2 | Mindshift Backlight 26L | TT Airport Advantage| TT Restro 7 | F-stop Kenti |

hairyjames
419 posts
Joined Dec 2010
Nov 24, 2015 00:23 |  #4

I've had a Streetwalker now for a while, plenty long enough to either hate it or not be fond of it anymore. Instead, I absolutely LOVE the bag. I don't believe there's a single thing that I would change. It is flexible, very protective, and super-comfortable on long mountainous hikes. I shoot bird photography mainly with this bag, but it is also adaptable for other types of work.

I nearly bought the larger one reviewed here, then calling the company caused me to save some money and just get the Streetwalker. They asked what gear I had (and I wanted a bag which would hold my 7DmkII + EF400/5.6 L). "Oh, we're all photographers here, let's make SURE it will fit." Then they quickly assembled a 7D + the EF400/5.6 L and absolutely confirmed it would hold that configuration plus some other lenses and flash I'd keep in the bag. They convinced me not to buy the larger, more expensive one. That's great!!!

I highly recommend this company, and I'm sure the StreetWalker Pro is equally a wonderful, just a larger set up than I need. Very good quality. Call them and they will be overjoyed to work with you and make sure you neither over or under-buy.

2mnycars
Goldmember
2,981 posts
Joined Apr 2009
Canada
Post has been edited 8 months ago by 2mnycars.
Sep 12, 2016 20:43 |  #5

Good review! I bought the smaller Streetwalker (not the Pro). Several weeks later I bought the battery grip for my D300S. I hate it when I do that
I can JUST fit the camera with grip on inside the small Streetwalker. However it's a tight tight fit
It makes a wonderful pack for the Olympus OMD M5 with grip attached
Or the a6000 I have now

Customer service at Think Tank is the best.

DaveL

Dave L
I'm a bagaholic

aslondon
Joined Jan 2004
Monticello, FL
Jan 20, 2017 23:19 |  #6

Thank you for the relevant information. I've been looking at various bags (OCD) and I think I've settled on this for my Fuji X-t2 system.

Again thanks

Al

photosbytw
Goldmember
Joined Jan 2015
Blue Ridge Mountains
Feb 01, 2017 20:52 |  #7

Thanks

tw
Don't even begin to think I'm criticizing your images.
Just a natural curiosity.

www.photosbytw.net (external link)

karrera
53 posts
Joined Dec 2008
Feb 16, 2017 22:36 |  #8

Nice review - looks like a good fit for a 1Dx, 17-40, 24-70, 70-200 F4 and a 100 macro. Will the side pockets hold spare batteries for a 1D series camera?

KayakPhotos
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined May 2008
Naples, FL
Feb 17, 2017 07:29 as a reply to karrera's post |  #9

They should be big enough for the batteries.

Just a thought from Daniel
Pictures (external link)
Gear

Talley
Talley Whacker
Joined Dec 2011
Houston
Feb 26, 2017 20:39 |  #10

been my goto bag for years. Only thing I would change is the side w/ the camera make that a side access so I can put the camera away without taking the bag off or take it out quickly by just swinging the bag to one shoulder. I don't use the side storage pockets much so to lose one side would be fine to gain that feature. This would be huge for me.

photo of mine (I usually keep the 5D4 mounted to the 200 in the same space.)

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

5D4 | 24-105L | 12mm 2.8 FE | Σ 24A | Σ 35A | Σ 50A | Σ 85A | 200 F2 IS | 1.4xIII
X-T20 | 18/2 | 35/1.4 | 56/1.2 | 18-135
My Gear Archive

sponsored links

3,893 views & 7 likes for this thread
Think Tank Photo StreetWalker Pro Camera Backpack, reviewed by KayakPhotos
FORUMS Gear Reviews Bag Reviews

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.