Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Competitions
Thread started 05 Jul 2015 (Sunday) 20:46
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Before and After - The Weekly Editing Challenge

cfdesigns
Joined Apr 2017
Oct 07, 2017 17:43 |  #1756

Benitoite wrote in post #18467955 (external link)
That's pretty good. I noticed your colors are backward for a primary bow?

Oops, I did not notice that. I will have to invert it before I do the bow. Thanks

sponsored links
navydoc
Cream of the Crop
11,122 posts
Gallery: 44 photos
Joined Oct 2009
Inland Empire, So. Cal
Oct 10, 2017 08:57 |  #1757

Oops! My apologies for being a day late to judge this weeks competition. As usual, there are many great, creative edits and I can only choose one. For this edit, I'm selecting Benitoite's as the winner for his efforts in distortion correction and color rendition. The runner-up is Cfdesigns' 2nd edit.

Congrats go to Benitoite and he's "at bat" to submit a raw image for the next challenge.

Gene - My Photo Gallery ||external link My USS Oriskany websiteexternal link || My Flickrexternal link
Take nothing but photos - leave nothing but footprints - break nothing but silence - kill nothing but time.

Benitoite
Goldmember
Joined Jan 2015
Morgan Hill, CA
Oct 10, 2017 10:35 |  #1758

...now compiled into a single, easy to locate thread, that can be added to your subscribe/follow list!

Rules are simple:

• Download the image file from the current week

• Contestants will have 7 days to edit the image and post their edited version to the thread (1 entry per week)

• The owner of the original image will choose a winner and runner-up

• The winner will copy & paste this post and include a new downloadable image link

The new image must be unedited / SOOC (straight our of camera), full-resolution, and in a RAW format, ie. CR2, DNG, TIF, etc (Dropbox works well for uploading and linking these large files) The purpose of this game is to be creative and learn new editing techniques. You must give some insight into exactly how you went about editing the image. For example, increased shadows sliders, reduced highlights, local sharpening, white balance adjustment, specific filters used, tone curve adjustments, etc. Comments and/or questions regarding the edits are encouraged.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Benitoite
Goldmember
Joined Jan 2015
Morgan Hill, CA
Oct 10, 2017 10:35 as a reply to navydoc's post |  #1759

Thanks, 'doc! I selected a white stripe on the US flag to for WB, and let the chips fall as they may.

Bianchi
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jan 2010
USA
Oct 10, 2017 13:14 |  #1760

Congrats Benitoite

My Gear flickrexternal link

Mozes
Goldmember
Joined Nov 2012
Holland
Oct 10, 2017 13:33 |  #1761

IMAGE: https://s26.postimg.org/4c6ewm555/screenshot_341.jpg

IMAGE: https://s26.postimg.org/dvg3q2snd/IMG_2696_copy.jpg

*Nikon D3s * Nikon D7100 * 18-105mm kitlens * Tamron AF SP 90 mm f/2.8 VC USD Macro * Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 SP Di VC USD *
Sportplaatje (external link) I flickriver (external link)

photosbytw
Goldmember
Joined Jan 2015
Blue Ridge Mountains
Post has been last edited 3 months ago by photosbytw. 5 edits done in total.
Oct 10, 2017 22:35 |  #1762

Did a lot of playing to get an apocalyptic feel to it.
Made adjustments in LR......Highlights(low​ered) Shadows(raised) Set white & black then sent to PSCC
Selected the wheel and adjusted the edges in Mask and Select. Warmed it up. Lowered the exposure. Painted in some distress. Fiddled with the jet(warmed it up, brightened and increased the exposure. Found a suitable sky that would give the impression of impending doom.............

ps............just decided this is really a bad attempt!

HOSTED PHOTO

Don't even begin to think I'm criticizing your images.
Just a natural curiosity.
tw
www.photosbytw.net (external link)

navydoc
Cream of the Crop
11,122 posts
Gallery: 44 photos
Joined Oct 2009
Inland Empire, So. Cal
Oct 10, 2017 23:23 |  #1763

I'm not competing this week but wanted to see how well Landscape Pro handled such a complicated object in the sky.

This was just one of many possibilities using that plugin.

HOSTED PHOTO

Gene - My Photo Gallery ||external link My USS Oriskany websiteexternal link || My Flickrexternal link
Take nothing but photos - leave nothing but footprints - break nothing but silence - kill nothing but time.

Chet
For $20, I'll be your friend.
41,987 posts
Gallery: 90 photos
Joined Sep 2007
Post has been edited 3 months ago by Chet.
Oct 11, 2017 09:09 |  #1764

This is proving to be time consuming turning on all the bulbs.

Curator of the Bob's Pickle Emporium experience. -As always, One location to serve you better!
~Feel good today and donate to this great forum~ LINK
My Gear List

DogDaze
Joined Mar 2016
Houston Texas
Oct 11, 2017 09:50 |  #1765

Converted in Silver Efex sent back to LR and made adjustments to taste, nothing too special

IMAGE: https://photos.smugmug.com/Other/n-wwrN9m/i-829nbvt/0/7ed3c68f/XL/i-829nbvt-XL.jpg
[IMAGE'S LINK: https://photos.smugmug​.com ...i-829nbvt-XL.jpg&lb=1&s=A] (external link) on Smugmug

Eric

cfdesigns
Joined Apr 2017
Oct 14, 2017 20:39 |  #1766

Added night sky with clouds. Painted halloween ghosts and ghouls. Added an overlay of fog.

HOSTED PHOTO

rrblint
Listen! .... do you smell something?
19,841 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Joined May 2012
U.S.A.
Oct 14, 2017 23:40 |  #1767

Added stormy sky, desaturated and darkened.

HOSTED PHOTO

Mark

Benitoite
Goldmember
Joined Jan 2015
Morgan Hill, CA
Post has been edited 3 months ago by Benitoite.
Oct 17, 2017 20:25 |  #1768

Very nice edits to all!

This week’s victory has to go to Cfdesigns for a great seasonal feel... you really shined up that ride.

Runner up is photosbytw for the wonderful autumn evening sky soliloquy.

cfdesigns
Joined Apr 2017
Oct 18, 2017 20:02 |  #1769

...now compiled into a single, easy to locate thread, that can be added to your subscribe/follow list!

Rules are simple:

• Download the image file from the current week

• Contestants will have 7 days to edit the image and post their edited version to the thread (1 entry per week)

• The owner of the original image will choose a winner and runner-up

• The winner will copy & paste this post and include a new downloadable image link

The new image must be unedited / SOOC (straight our of camera), full-resolution, and in a RAW format, ie. CR2, DNG, TIF, etc (Dropbox works well for uploading and linking these large files) The purpose of this game is to be creative and learn new editing techniques. You must give some insight into exactly how you went about editing the image. For example, increased shadows sliders, reduced highlights, local sharpening, white balance adjustment, specific filters used, tone curve adjustments, etc. Comments and/or questions regarding the edits are encouraged.

My camera is experiencing some focusing issues lately so all I have is a few shots from the farm. Hopefully this will be okay. Here is the link: https://www.dropbox.co​m ...1ilguir/_MG_0604.CR​2?dl=0 (external link)

HOSTED PHOTO

rrblint
Listen! .... do you smell something?
19,841 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Joined May 2012
U.S.A.
Oct 19, 2017 12:27 |  #1770

All in DXO Pro Optics 11: Warmed slightly, cropped, sharpened, reduced shadows slightly, and adjusted black point.

HOSTED PHOTO

Mark

sponsored links

213,927 views & 2716 likes for this thread
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Competitions

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.