Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting
Thread started 07 Jul 2015 (Tuesday) 09:47
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Any reason not to buy a YN600EX-RT over a YN568EX-II?

Intheswamp
Goldmember
Joined Sep 2013
South Alabama
Post has been last edited over 2 years ago by Intheswamp. 2 edits done in total.
Jul 07, 2015 09:47 |  #1

I'm currently invested in two YN622C transceivers and a YN622C-TX and have a YN468EX-II speedlight to work with them. I will be buying another flash shortly and I'm looking at the two flashes mentioned in the title. My understanding is that both work the same with the 622C trigger system. Currently it looks like the YN600EX is $20 higher than the 568EXII and besides the radio aspect of it the 600EX also has an auxiliary power port. I don't anticipate moving to the full 600EX system anytime soon.

So, I'm thinking the best option is to spend the additional $20 and go with the 600EX...a pinch of more power(?), auxiliary power option, and the possibility to move to an integrated radio system later on if I so desire.

Any reason, considering my current equipment inventory, that I shouldn't go ahead with the YN600EX-RT?

Thanks,
Ed

EDITED: I messed up and called the 622C pieces "600C" pieces...have noted the edit in RED.

www.beeweather.comexternal link

sponsored links
AaronMB
Joined Apr 2015
California, U.S.A.
Post has been edited over 2 years ago by AaronMB.
Jul 07, 2015 09:59 |  #2

Do you mean you have the YN-622s?

The YN600EX (at Amazon) is listed as being compatible with Yongnuo's YN-E3-RT radio system. I don't know what that means for the YN600EX flash and the YN622s. If you find that they're not compatible, you might look at the YN568EX II.

Canon EOS 70D | Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM, EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM, EF 35-80mm f/4-5.6 III USM |

Intheswamp
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Sep 2013
South Alabama
Post has been edited over 2 years ago by Intheswamp.
Jul 07, 2015 10:06 as a reply to AaronMB's post |  #3

Thanks Aaron, you made me look back at my post and in error I had called my 622C system a "600C" system. I'm very sorry for the confusion. So yes, I meant that i have the 622s.

Ed

Intheswamp
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Sep 2013
South Alabama
Jul 07, 2015 15:45 |  #4

Just thought I'd mention that I pushed the button on the YN600EX-RT.

Ed

ShotByTom
Goldmember
2,942 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2005
Indianapolis
Jul 08, 2015 09:10 |  #5

I have some YN 568 EX II flashes, but I am switching to the Godox V860c. I've been using it for about 6 months now and absolutely love it! It has a Li-ion battery that makes a huge difference. It works well with the YN 622 triggers. The Godox is more expensive the the YN 600, but it's worth the money..

Here's a review of the Godox: http://flashhavoc.com ...c-ving-ettl-flash-review/ (external link)

http://www.amazon.com ...=1-1&keywords=godox+v860c (external link)

Gear
Websiteexternal link

MTAtech
99 posts
Joined Jul 2004
Long Island, NY
Jul 12, 2015 19:41 |  #6

ShotByTom wrote in post #17624674 (external link)
I have some YN 568 EX II flashes, but I am switching to the Godox V860c. I've been using it for about 6 months now and absolutely love it! It has a Li-ion battery that makes a huge difference. It works well with the YN 622 triggers. The Godox is more expensive the the YN 600, but it's worth the money..

Here's a review of the Godox: http://flashhavoc.com ...c-ving-ettl-flash-review/ (external link)

http://www.amazon.com ...=1-1&keywords=godox+v860c (external link)

My understanding is that Neewer TT860 is exactly the Godox but less expensive.

60D, Tamron 70-300 VC, Sigma 20-40 2.8 DG and remembers when ISO was ASA

MTAtech
99 posts
Joined Jul 2004
Long Island, NY
Post has been edited over 2 years ago by MTAtech.
Jul 12, 2015 19:52 |  #7

Just curious, why isn't the Aperlite YH-700C being considered here? I am looking for a new flash, since I found leaky batteries in my Sigma EX500 and no matter how well I think I cleaned it out, it won't operate.

I haven't looked for flashes in years and now find there are great alternatives to the overpriced Canon flashes.

60D, Tamron 70-300 VC, Sigma 20-40 2.8 DG and remembers when ISO was ASA

sponsored links

1,766 views & 0 likes for this thread
Any reason not to buy a YN600EX-RT over a YN568EX-II?
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.