Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Competitions
Thread started 14 Aug 2015 (Friday) 06:15
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

DSLR Speed Challenge #382 - Groups

Voaky999
Goldmember
Joined Nov 2010
Edmonton,AB
Aug 14, 2015 06:15 |  #1

Groups (silly, serious, human or not)

Let's see your favorite photos of your interpretation of 'Groups (silly, serious, human or not)'

This challenge begins when posted, and will end at 9:00 p.m. Eastern time Wednesday, Friday August 21, 2015

Winner of this challenge will be announced shortly thereafter.
Standard Rules apply for Photo Submissions:

1. Camera: Any DSLR Camera
2. Time: Any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
3. Size: Please visit Image Posting Rules.
4. Post Processing: Do whatever you like and the host will decide if it works.
5. Posting: ONE PHOTO per photographer in each challenge. Camera model & lens used. Post brief EXIF data including ISO, shutter speed and aperture used.
6. Commenting: No commenting during challenge. When the posting is closed and a winner has been declared, comme nts can be made in this thread.
7. Keep it clean, and both Family and Work safe.
8. Have questions, PM me.
9. Have FUN!

One challenge every week, on the following schedule: * New Topic - After winner is declared. * Posting Starts - Right after topic is announced. * Posting Ends - 9:00 p.m. Eastern time Friday August 21, 2015. * Winner from this competition decides the theme of the next one (and judges it for a winner) after this competition is closed.

Don
"Knowledge is Good" Emil Faber

sponsored links
Jeece
Joined Mar 2006
Granby, QC, Canada
Aug 21, 2015 12:11 |  #2

A group of colors in a group of bubbles.

IMAGE: https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3797/20220151649_6516151cd0_b.jpg
[IMAGE'S LINK: https://flic.kr/p/wNMy​Ci] (external link)P8082818-2 (external link)

A CD at the bottom of the kitchen sink by the sunlit window, with shallow water and dish soap.

(This wasn't shot with a DSLR as per the rules, I hope a mirrorless Olympus OM-D E-M10 can enter the challenges!)

-Jeece
Olympus OM-D E-M10
Canon S2 IS

Voaky999
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Nov 2010
Edmonton,AB
Aug 22, 2015 11:19 |  #3

And the winner is: Jeece, take it away for the next competition.

Love the rainbow colours.

Don
"Knowledge is Good" Emil Faber

teekay
Goldmember
2,549 posts
Joined Apr 2001
British Columbia, Canada
Aug 22, 2015 17:43 |  #4

Congratulations to Jeece for keeping this going although actually not meeting the rules re DSLR cameras.

I didn't enter since my 60D, my only DSLR, is up for sale, but I suggest that the lack of entries show it's time for a change and to start a new series of weekly challenges open to ALL digital cameras as per my suggestion in the challenge #381.

I quote: "IMHO it could be improved and revived by making the challenges open to ALL digital cameras, from P&S to DSLR, any make, with almost the same rules, and notifying people on the G-series weekly challenge (which often gets few entries) and the P&S challenge that a new competition is now open to ALL. Name it the "ALL CAMERA WEEKLY SPEED CHALLENGE", with close-off day every Monday at noon GMT just like the successful G-series challenges."

I hope you grasp this opportunity, Jeece, and I guarantee to enter with a shot from my Panasonic FZ1000 if you do.:-)

Jeece
Joined Mar 2006
Granby, QC, Canada
Post has been edited over 2 years ago by Jeece.
Aug 22, 2015 21:25 |  #5

teekay wrote in post #17678973 (external link)
Congratulations to Jeece for keeping this going although actually not meeting the rules re DSLR cameras.

I didn't enter since my 60D, my only DSLR, is up for sale, but I suggest that the lack of entries show it's time for a change and to start a new series of weekly challenges open to ALL digital cameras as per my suggestion in the challenge #381.

I quote: "IMHO it could be improved and revived by making the challenges open to ALL digital cameras, from P&S to DSLR, any make, with almost the same rules, and notifying people on the G-series weekly challenge (which often gets few entries) and the P&S challenge that a new competition is now open to ALL. Name it the "ALL CAMERA WEEKLY SPEED CHALLENGE", with close-off day every Monday at noon GMT just like the successful G-series challenges."

I hope you grasp this opportunity, Jeece, and I guarantee to enter with a shot from my Panasonic FZ1000 if you do.:-)

Good idea to remove the camera restriction.

Well as far as not respecting the rule, I took a chance since it's a relatively new and somewhat "rare" camera category, and the challenges have been running for a long time. I kinda figured mirrorless cameras were in the same boat though, i.e. not compact, digital cameras.

Anyways DSLR aren't supposed to be superior anyways, so nothing to fear from mirrorless and compact users?  :p ;-)a

-Jeece
Olympus OM-D E-M10
Canon S2 IS

teekay
Goldmember
2,549 posts
Joined Apr 2001
British Columbia, Canada
Aug 23, 2015 09:29 |  #6

Thanks, Jeece - now we'll see if it works!:-)

sponsored links

1,229 views & 0 likes for this thread
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Competitions

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.