Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Underwater Photography
Thread started 22 Aug 2015 (Saturday) 16:49
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

How many folks use the Nikon AW1

WildImages
Joined Jul 2009
Post has been edited over 2 years ago by WildImages with reason 'Not clear on reasoning.'.
Aug 22, 2015 16:49 |  #1

Since Canon does not have an underwater camera that takes RAW, I have departed and bought (ouch) a Nikon underwater camera, the AW1 which does fill the need for RAW files and it has interchangeable lenses as well. However I would like to know what luck owners of the Nikon AW1 have had with keeping the camera dry. I had one that leaked and Nikon, thanks to them, replaced it in warranty. I have seen that some have had the same problem with the consensus being to use the 10mm lens instead of the zoom which is drawing suspicion as being the culprit in leak cases.

I have used the Canon D10 and D20 and gotten some nice images but only jpg. They are still nice images but not RAW. Here is one image taken with the Canon D20 that I was pleased with.

Charlie

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

TheBigDog
Goldmember
Joined Jul 2009
Sicklerville, NJ, USA
Aug 28, 2015 03:43 |  #2

I got mine about a year ago, but have only used it a few times. I can say though I've had no problems with the standard kits lens, so no leaking here...

Chris
http://www.cegphotogra​phy.com/ (external link)
Flickr (external link) * Facebook (external link)
Nikon D5 * D810 * 24-70 f/2.8 * Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art * 105mm f/2.8 * 70-200 f/2.8 * 80-400mm * Sigma Sport 150-600mm

1,664 views & 0 likes for this thread
How many folks use the Nikon AW1
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Underwater Photography

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.