Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Leica Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Leica Cameras
Thread started 01 Sep 2015 (Tuesday) 13:53
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

pre-owned M6, Zeiss 35mm question

gnome ­ chompski
Goldmember
1,252 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jun 2013
oakland, ca
Post has been edited over 2 years ago by gnome chompski.
Sep 01, 2015 13:53 |  #1

Locally, there is a pre-owned M6 with a Leica branded flash, third party grip (not RRS) and Zeiss 35mm 2.8. All are in great shape, but the top plate has some pitting bubbles. I thought it was just textured finish until they told be it was most likely due to sweat or salty moisture.. Seller wants $1650. I dont know the serial #'s or years manufactured yet. Is this worth further pursuit? I see Keh has EX+ M^'s, body only for like $1800...

Thanks!

EDIT* Well, I said F it and bought it. Seems really nice. Based on the internet date codes, its roughly 1997. Body is in great shape, with the exception of the bubbly top plate. Its really minor though. The lens is a 35mm 2.8 Zeiss Biogon, but the hood is an aftermarket photodiox. I dont care as I use cheap hoods for my Fuji x100t...Flash is a Leica SF-20, in decent shape but cant confirm if it works as batteries are absent. Camera came with a photoequip.net plate/grip. Seems solid, and I looked it up and its a $150 item...

I think Ill enjoy it!

Tumblr (external link)
Flickr (external link)
Instagram (external link)

1,498 views & 0 likes for this thread
pre-owned M6, Zeiss 35mm question
FORUMS Leica Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Leica Cameras

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.