Digital Camera Speed Challenge #387 - Home, Sweet Home. Open to your interpretation of what this represents.
Thanks, everyone for the great variety of entries this week - I had expected most to be traditional shots of cozy homes, families round the table sort of thing. A few comments on each - and your own comments on my comments are welcomed!
Voaky999 - clearly the most beautiful shot of the lot, although it wouldn't immediately illustrate "home" to most, I think.
Benitoite - yours really intrigued me. Is it a sepia-toned photo that you took, or is it a photo of a photo in a frame - or maybe with a "frame" border added by you? Is a photo of someone else's photo a legit entry?
Jason C - a stark reminder that for many these days in urban areas one's "home, sweet home" is also a fortress.
EnglishBob - Someone's pride and joy once, sad to see.
aubrey67 - no matter how humble, it's home to someone, judging by the washing on the line.
And the winners are (chosen with some difficulty):
First place: aubrey67
Second: Jason C
Take it away, Aubrey!
This challenge begins when posted, and will end at 8:00 a.m. Pacific time Monday September 28th, 2015
Winner of this challenge will be announced shortly thereafter.
Standard Rules apply for Photo Submissions:
1. Camera: Any digital Camera (no cell phones!)
2. Time: Any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
3. Size: Please visit Image Posting Rules.
4. Post Processing: Do whatever you like and the host will decide if it works.
5. Posting: ONE PHOTO per photographer in each challenge. Camera model & lens used. Post brief EXIF data including ISO, shutter speed and aperture used.
6. Commenting: No commenting during challenge. When the posting is closed and a winner has been declared, comments can be made in this thread.
7. Keep it clean, and both Family and Work safe.
8. Have questions, PM me.
9. Have FUN! One challenge every week, on the following schedule:
* New Topic - After winner is declared.
* Posting Starts - Right after topic is announced.
* Posting Ends - 8:00 a.m. Pacific time Monday September 28, 2015.
* Winner from this competition decides the theme of the next one (and judges it for a winner) after this competition is closed.