Editor command: "Pick from gallery" added, new tag GALLERYIMAGE implemented:
A new tag GALLERYIMAGE is created when you add an image from your gallery to a post. The tag renders a virtual copy of the original gallery image. If a galleryimage tag in your own post is not from your own gallery, a thumbnail is shown.
Each gallery image has an unique ident code which is put to the tag, like . You can reuse that tag manually, or add the same image again via post editor tool as many times as needed. Image count rules apply. Gallery images will show metadata, but you can edit it only on the "real galleryimage" (link to original is provided). They will also show best of info, hosted photo info etc. If you delete the original image from your gallery, virtual copies are not rendered any more.
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.
Photo from Pekka's gallery.
Lots of gear added:
Admin tools for adding gear greatly improved - now adding gear can be done fast.
Some gear images added, thanks to uploaders!
Fixed bugs in the password reset procedure (already done here).
Added a setting: should the last search be kept after opening the search interface later (default), or reset the search on page change if search result was not clicked.
Added a setting: should the search interface be automatically fit to window height, or should it always show full list of results.
A new post editor layout for mobile devices.
- This "simple" layout scales down to 320 pixels or smaller. No floating/draggable tools, a full width text area, simple tap friendly buttons for main groups of editing commands. The editor dialogs are docked (embedded) and tuned to easy tapping. Mobile editor has the same functionality as the "main" version of the editor. Only functionality difference is at the moment that poll editor is only available on desktop editor (will do that on next version).
- This editor mode is automatically picked for mobile devices and reloaded browser windows less than 500 pixels wide.
- you can change between mobile and desktop editor at will (while you edit). Last choice is put to a cookie.
Overall improvements to tap accuracy. This helps especially Android devices.
Improved search interface:
- it now has an optional full size mode (autofit to screen height is a new default)
- option to either remember last search (default) or start with a clear page when you open search UI on another page.
- normal pagination controls, page is also remembered if you choose to remember last search.
- thread listing mode uses now the default thread listing table found elsewhere in forums (with all the features like "show posters" and "thread peek")
- better filter selection dialogs
- history has now a one-click search (double tap on mobile) and a live results update when opened
- there is now better clarity of what filters search result (everything in while background on top of search interface will affect the search)
- on wide screens search interface stays narrower.
- empty search result contains simpler and better instructions.
Note that new search layout happens only after you make a search after the update, the old cached data may look odd.
Improved search accuracy:
- Search is always in exact keyword mode
- Results are sorted by newest first
- To search exact phrases, place the keywords in quotes: "keyword keyword2"
- Use the wildcard * in the end of a keyword if needed.
- some keywords are internally expanded to contain variations of it, like "500 mm" finds also "500mm" and "1.4L" finds also "f/1.4 l", "f1.4 L", "f/1.4L" and tons more like it.
Like is now a button showing like count, hover it (or click it you've already liked it) and it displays a list or likers.
Added a setting to thread title click: should it go to page 1, or to the new post when thread has new posts?
Thread peek opening position is now at last mouse move position, arrow to title added.
When you stop following a thread, notifications for that thread are also cleared.
Lens detection in automatic EXIF vastly improved on Nikon lenses. False positives prevented (already done here).
Fixed a bug which caused all notifications of a thread be deleted when a post was deleted on notified thread (already done here).
While automatic EXIF retrieval is working, opening of metadata editor is prevented for that image.
When you edit the post and added image(s), automatic metadata gave false info "no metadata found". Fixed.
Fixed a bug in image uploader which prevented uploading images between 8 and 10MB in file size.
Added live autoexif progress and result update when post edit is submitted.
Fixed a bug in removing an image from gallery via removing a lens/camera from metadata.
Fixed a bug : the originating forum instead of current forum was shown if a thread was moved, in some thread listings.
When gallery is filtered by metadata, all metadata is shown next to thumbnail, like on gear pages.
Added info on password reset into the feedback form.
Editor preview background color is now the same as the actual post background color.
Fixed an error with avatar scaling proportions on thread pages.
Transparency in png avatar uploads are now converted properly to the current background color.
Some subtle changes in color, look and readability.
Notification bar (the purple one) says now "NOTIFICATIONS: 34 POSTS" instead of "34 NEW POSTS". This to avoid confusion with "new posts" link and also to get ready for other notification types.
Thread page font chooser has now also font color picker (9 shades of gray).
Added a Facebook share button for thread, to bottom of each thread page (shows only when all the page content has loaded, does not affect page load speeds).
Stickies were shown on each forum listing page, now only on the first page.
When stickies in a forum have new posts after they were last hidden, you get "Show stickies (new content found)"
All lens and camera names are now shown in full, where ever they may appear. Shortened gear names were often confusing, they may reappear later but for now they are on hiatus. Long names are of course way longer in some cases, but with multiple-name cameras like "Canon EOS Rebel XS / EOS 1000D / Kiss F" they let you see all the name variations instead of "Canon 1000D".
Member profile web page links open now to a new tab/window.
Facebook photos with long url parameters can now be embedded (already done here).
Thread listing rendering and scaling redraw fixes.
Fixed a bug in login, some old usernames with non ASCII characters failed (already done here).
Fixed a bug where EDIT and DELETE commands were hidden from other own posts on a page after a reply (page refresh was needed).
Fixed a problem with UTF-8 characters (like japanese, vietnamese) messing the embed tool.
When you drag (instead of clicking as instructed) embed tool thumbs or galleryimage thumbs to a post, they are now inserted as proper bbccode (indentical to click action) instead of e.g. an invalid url to a temp image folder.
Fixed a bug in RTAT where simple listing was messed up on browser resize (sometimes happens in iOS when you scroll the page).
Prevented Chromium URL crash bug to be exploited (already done here).
Added a Facebook style notification count to tab/page title, like "(23) This is a thread". Some devices like iPad do not update titles on inactive tabs, but else it is a "live" number.
Various small bugfixes and improvements.
Note: thread notifications system is coded, it will get to beta testing for those who want, soon after 1.4 is out.