Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases
Thread started 12 Dec 2015 (Saturday) 16:39
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Op/Tech strap for 5D MKII

jeantro
Joined May 2012
Dec 12, 2015 16:39 |  #1

I want to buy a strop OP/Tech for my DLR 5D MKII

On their site you will find many model and I do not know which to choose .

can someone help me ?

http://ylphotographie.​com

sponsored links
crbinson
602 posts
Joined Jul 2012
OKC
Dec 12, 2015 16:49 |  #2

I use the Pro Loop Strap. The Pro Strap 3/8" is similar to the attachment design of a canon strap

My Flickrexternal link | My Gear List

jeantro
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined May 2012
Dec 12, 2015 17:28 |  #3

crbinson wrote in post #17816708 (external link)
I use the Pro Loop Strap. The Pro Strap 3/8" is similar to the attachment design of a canon strap

thank you for your help

I will choose this model

mike_d
Goldmember
4,997 posts
Joined Aug 2009
Post has been edited over 1 year ago by mike_d.
Dec 13, 2015 00:44 |  #4

I use an older version of the Utility Strap - Sling http://optechusa.com .../utility-strap-sling.html (external link)

I like having the weight on my shoulder instead of my neck. The quick disconnect is nice since I don't use a strap when I'm at home, only if I go out with my camera. The connectors are also nice if you have multiple configurations (ie bare camera, L-plate, grip, etc) since you can leave a connector on each accessory so its ready to connect to the strap. I have the strap sized so that the camera hangs at the level of my right hand so its easy to grab.

Nogo
I could have been worse....
Joined Dec 2013
All Along the Natchez Trace (Clinton, MS)
Dec 13, 2015 01:27 |  #5

Which strap you should use depends on what lens you attach to the 5D3. I use a 70-200 2.8 on the 5D3 quite often. That combination is just a pain in the neck (pun intended, but true nonetheless) with any strap designed to go around the neck. A shoulder strap works so much better not only because of it takes the weight off the back of your neck, but also because the lens just hangs better when it is hanging down at your side.

If you plan to shoot events, the dual strap works great. When you put a camera on one side like a 5D3 with a 24-70 2.8 and a 7D2 with a 70-200 2.8, it balances out quite nicely. It is actually easier to have two cameras on dual straps than one camera with the exception of the fact that you have to be careful swinging around too fast.

Philip
Does the TF actually know about the soda cans and PVC pipe from 30 years ago?

crbinson
602 posts
Joined Jul 2012
OKC
Dec 13, 2015 04:37 |  #6

Nogo wrote in post #17817107 (external link)
Which strap you should use depends on what lens you attach to the 5D3. I use a 70-200 2.8 on the 5D3 quite often. That combination is just a pain in the neck (pun intended, but true nonetheless) with any strap designed to go around the neck. A shoulder strap works so much better not only because of it takes the weight off the back of your neck, but also because the lens just hangs better when it is hanging down at your side.

If you plan to shoot events, the dual strap works great. When you put a camera on one side like a 5D3 with a 24-70 2.8 and a 7D2 with a 70-200 2.8, it balances out quite nicely. It is actually easier to have two cameras on dual straps than one camera with the exception of the fact that you have to be careful swinging around too fast.

Good point. Just automatically when I think OP/TECH I think neck strap and when I think shoulder/sling strap I think BlackRapid. Therefore I erroneously assumed the OP as looking for a neck strap.

My Flickrexternal link | My Gear List

jeantro
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined May 2012
Dec 13, 2015 07:29 |  #7

thank's for all comments and help

I will take this model http://optechusa.com/p​ro-strap.html (external link)

sponsored links

775 views & 0 likes for this thread
Op/Tech strap for 5D MKII
FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.