Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Leica Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Leica Accessories
Thread started 12 Jan 2016 (Tuesday) 13:13
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Leica binoculars

marsh9077
36 posts
Joined Jan 2016
Jan 12, 2016 13:13 |  #1

Not exactly camera related, but I am in the market for some new binoculars. I have been looking hard at Leica's and Swarovski's. Anyone have any experience with the Leica's? I have heard great things about the Swarovski's but not a whole lot on the Leica's but the ones I have tried out work phenomenal in low light I cant tell a difference between the Swarovski's or the Leica's.

sponsored links
Silver-Halide
Joined Jan 2015
Apr 18, 2016 01:20 |  #2

I think beyond a certain price point, say $1,000, its more about your preference for color rendition and ergonomics than x being better than y. Since you've already stress tested them, so to speak, in low light, I think you should trust your own eyes. Check the warranty on Leica also. I've heard Swaro takes great care of their customers.

Echoes in Eternity LLC | Tucson and Southern Arizona Wedding Photographer (external link)

rick_reno
Cream of the Crop
44,628 posts
Joined Dec 2010
Jul 08, 2016 14:38 |  #3

I've had both Leica (Geovid) and Swarovski (8x56's), Leica was much lighter and smaller, easier to tuck in my coat. I would sometimes get severe eye strain with the Swarovski after hours of glassing, this never happened with the Leica. I also liked the range finger in the Leica, meant I didn't have to carry another piece of gear.

Silver-Halide
Joined Jan 2015
Jul 09, 2016 02:02 |  #4

You should send those Swaros back to the factory to have the collimation checked. That's likely the source of your eye strain. Swaro will look at them, fix if necessary, and send back to you no questions asked!

Echoes in Eternity LLC | Tucson and Southern Arizona Wedding Photographer (external link)

bigcountry
Goldmember
4,476 posts
Joined Oct 2006
Louisville, KY
Aug 30, 2016 23:20 |  #5

the zeiss victory sf are the best on the market.

Louisville Kentucky Wedding Photographerexternal link
Travel the World and Photographexternal link
Find me on Facebookexternal link

ritalinboy
20 posts
Joined Jun 2008
Nov 30, 2016 21:33 |  #6

Can't be beat.

sponsored links

2,844 views & 1 like for this thread
Leica binoculars
FORUMS Leica Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Leica Accessories

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.