Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Still Life, B/W & Experimental Talk
Thread started 21 Jan 2016 (Thursday) 21:26
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

apparel photographs?

StaySea74
Hatchling
1 post
Joined Jan 2016
Jan 21, 2016 21:26 |  #1

I'm just new to this & was wondering if anyone could help me figure out settings & lighting for apparel photographs for a t-shirt company's website. I have florescent box lighting, a white background, a tripod & a lil Canon Rebel T5 right now. I have googled & tried some of the settings that have been recommended but the pictures aren't crisp & clear or show a lot of detail. PLEASE HELP!

rrblint
Listen! .... do you smell something?
19,282 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Joined May 2012
U.S.A.
Jan 21, 2016 21:35 |  #2

Welcome to POTN. Please post an example or two of the photos that you are unhappy with. Make sure that the EXIF is left intact. Once we see the image we will be better able to advise you.

Mark

Cameron ­ Hagen
Joined Aug 2012
Cypress, TX
Jan 21, 2016 21:38 |  #3

rrblint wrote in post #17867813 (external link)
Welcome to POTN. Please post an example or two of the photos that you are unhappy with. Make sure that the EXIF is left intact. Once we see the image we will be better able to advise you.

also welcome! also provide some examples of what you hope your work will look like. a quick google search will prolly suffice.

| 5Dc | 7D | 1D3 | 1Ds3 | 17-40 4.0 | 28 1.8 | 40 2.8 | 50 1.8 | 85 1.8 | 135 2.0 | ∑ 24-70 | ∑ 70-200 OS |
In need of : 300

Chet
For $20, I'll be your friend.
41,646 posts
Gallery: 89 photos
Joined Sep 2007
Post has been last edited over 1 year ago by Chet. 2 edits done in total.
Jan 21, 2016 21:47 |  #4

What lens are you using? Is this just the kit? I take it you are using full auto and letting the camera figure everything out. I would try AV for apeture priority and set your apeture at f11 or higher. Use the center focus point, or manual focus and see what you get. Use the timer on the camera with it on a tripod to avoid camera shake.

http://www.slrphotogra​phyguide.com/camera/se​ttings/av-mode.shtml (external link)

Edit: You will probably want to set white balance to fluorescent as well.

Curator of the Bob's Pickle Emporium experience. -As always, One location to serve you better!
~Feel good today and donate to this great forum~ LINK
My Gear List

3,018 views & 0 likes for this thread
apparel photographs?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Still Life, B/W & Experimental Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.