Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Underwater Photography Talk
Thread started 11 Feb 2016 (Thursday) 22:16
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Underwater photo/video gear

DDirector
187 posts
Joined May 2010
Feb 11, 2016 22:16 |  #1

I've been diving for a while, I've done diving with camera gear before, but never done it professionally. I am however very good at it.

Two things:
1) I am going to school for Marine Biology, and I will be required do scuba dive and take photos/videos for research purposes.
2) Before this diving research term (begins Summer- 2017), I will be working at a dive center where I was trained as a photographer/videograp​her for their guests & customers. (Above & below water)

I only own a Sony RX100. Sold my DSLR and all my gear.
Its not a bad camera, and using it for photos above water would be suitable.
But Im not sure about underwater. Would it be okay?

OR...

I was thinking about the Sony a7SII for the underwater photo/video (especially for my research purposes.)
Would be great for the video work, but iffy on the photo abilities.

Thought?

Mark ­ K
Joined Jun 2013
Apr 11, 2016 12:24 |  #2

RX100 was once regarded as the best underwater DC ever made. You can buy inexpensive housing from Meikon

Canon, Nikon, Sony, Minolta, Fujifilm, Sigma, Tamron & Tokina

1,552 views & 0 likes for this thread
Underwater photo/video gear
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Underwater Photography Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.