Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Architecture, Real-Estate & Buildings Talk
Thread started 27 Feb 2016 (Saturday) 11:27
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

How do you "deliver" your photos to the client?

rgs
Goldmember
Joined Jun 2007
Oklahoma City
Aug 17, 2016 12:50 |  #16

-Duck- wrote in post #18098191 (external link)
A while back I used Dropbox myself but it's ugly, unbranded and clumsy at best. I was looking to somehow integrate a distribution from my site (Wordpress at that time) and wasn't satisfied with many of the choices as I was also looking for fulfilment for prints. I checked out a few and finally settled on SmugMug. I'm at the first payment tier (not the pro) and while I can't do multiple price lists (which would be nice and maybe in the future) it does give easy access to customer files within a few clicks. Folders can also be password protected to keep unauthorized access. A nice feature for boudoir clients.

I have to say, their online design process is a bit clumsy but once you get the hang of it making changes becomes easier. You can click on the first link in my signature line below to see how I use their service for portfolio, clients and general event photography.

Hope this helps.

While I deliver RE images via TourBuzz (external link), for many other purposes, I use ShootProof (external link). Unlike Smugmug, ShootProof (external link) does not charge a commission on sales and I can sell images for cost or give them away if I want without paying an additional fee to ShootProof (external link). The cost is reasonable, the website is clean and easy to use for both me and my clients, and the only additional charges I get are for credit card fees.

Canon 7d MkII, Canon 50D, Pentax 67, Canon 30D, Baker Custom 4x5, Canon EF 24-104mm f4, Canon EF 100mm f2.8 Macro, Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5, 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di VC

The Singular Image (external link)Richard Smith Photography (external link)
Richard Smith Real Estate Photography (external link)500PX (external link)
Fine Art America (external link)

sponsored links
-Duck-
my head is usually in the way
Joined Apr 2016
Shelton, CT USA
Aug 17, 2016 19:31 |  #17

rgs wrote in post #18098306 (external link)
While I deliver RE images via TourBuzz (external link), for many other purposes, I use ShootProof (external link). Unlike Smugmug, ShootProof (external link) does not charge a commission on sales and I can sell images for cost or give them away if I want without paying an additional fee to ShootProof (external link). The cost is reasonable, the website is clean and easy to use for both me and my clients, and the only additional charges I get are for credit card fees.

Thanks for the info Richard. So I gather that ShootProof is a printing company and handles print fulfilment? I only took a cursory look at their site. I didn't delve into it. I'll do that later when I have more time.

"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Unitas Photoraphy (external link)Meetup (external link)Blog (external link)Facebook (external link)Flickr (external link)500px (external link)

rgs
Goldmember
Joined Jun 2007
Oklahoma City
Aug 17, 2016 20:22 |  #18

-Duck- wrote in post #18098595 (external link)
Thanks for the info Richard. So I gather that ShootProof is a printing company and handles print fulfilment? I only took a cursory look at their site. I didn't delve into it. I'll do that later when I have more time.

No they don't print. They have partnerships with several labs that they send any orders too. You get to choose the labs, prices, products, ect. When there is an order, it is sent to the lab you have selected and then either drop shipped to your client or shipped to you. Shootproof collects from the client, pays the lab, deducts credit card charges and sends you the balance. You can also have the orders sent to you and you take it from there if you want. In that case, Shootproof just handles the payment for you.

Canon 7d MkII, Canon 50D, Pentax 67, Canon 30D, Baker Custom 4x5, Canon EF 24-104mm f4, Canon EF 100mm f2.8 Macro, Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5, 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di VC

The Singular Image (external link)Richard Smith Photography (external link)
Richard Smith Real Estate Photography (external link)500PX (external link)
Fine Art America (external link)

flowrider
Goldmember
Joined Dec 2009
Aug 17, 2016 21:00 |  #19

I use Shoot Proof as well for digital and print fulfilment. It's cheap and you don't have to pay the crazy Pro price of Smugmug.

~Steve~
~ My Website-stevelowephoto.com (external link) ~ Facebook (external link)
Feedback Feedback Feedback

-Duck-
my head is usually in the way
Joined Apr 2016
Shelton, CT USA
Aug 21, 2016 21:41 |  #20

Good to know. Thanks for the info.

"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Unitas Photoraphy (external link)Meetup (external link)Blog (external link)Facebook (external link)Flickr (external link)500px (external link)

njstacker22
Joined Mar 2014
Hamilton, NJ
Aug 28, 2016 21:21 |  #21

I've been using DropBox for years and have never had an issue with it. Every once in a while I get a client who can't figure out how to click three buttons so I made a "how to' PFT for Mac and PC users with screenshots showing the exact steps.

Sony A7ii [Sony FE 16-35mm f/4] [Sony FE 28-70mm] [Rokinon 135mm F2] [Sony 50mm 1.8]
https://www.flickr.com​/photos/djbigley/ (external link)

thijs
50 posts
Joined Aug 2013
Jun 08, 2017 07:07 |  #22

I know this thread is old, but I can't seem to find WeTransfer in here.

It's a neat and simple website www.wetransfer.com (external link) for the sole prupose of sending large file (sets).

It even has an macOS app (external link) (I don't use the app, the website is sufficient for me)

www.thijsvanluijk.nl (external link)

LoneRider
Joined Dec 2010
Marysville, WA.
Jul 14, 2017 04:34 |  #23

I compress the shots to a single .zip file, save to Dropbox and provide the download link via email to the client as well as creating an album for each property on my Flickr account.

In Washington State, so long as I deliver via digital transfer, I do not have to collect sales tax. The income from licensing fees are considered "Royalties" and not subject to sales tax. If I deliver a tangible, physical "product" (CD, thumbdrive, data card) I now have a sale of physical goods instead of service and have to collect sales taxes.

Seems silly, but that is the way it is in this state. None of the agents I work with have had a problem and it speeds the process compared to getting a physical item back to the them. I frequently edit and deliver photos same day and have never more than 20 hours from shoot to delivery.

~I don't suffer from gear ADD, I embrace and enjoy it...~
GEAR LIST

christelrod
Hatchling
5 posts
Joined Apr 2017
Orlando
Jul 25, 2017 03:22 |  #24

You can transfer the processed photos using FTP or file sharing sites like Dropbox, Wetransfer etc.

sponsored links

4,470 views & 1 like for this thread
How do you "deliver" your photos to the client?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Architecture, Real-Estate & Buildings Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.