Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Photography Industry News
Thread started 29 Feb 2016 (Monday) 20:21
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

'Famous' photographer lashes out in comments

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
Joined Dec 2008
Omak, in north-central Washington state, USA
Apr 29, 2016 16:45 |  #76

Jake Olson wrote in post #17989726 (external link)
I've been fortunate to be recognized as one of the top 30 most influential photographers and having more than 22 million views on 500px, it's been quite a humbling experience, seeing as my beginnings were very humble too.

Humbling experience? Wow! Based on many of his recent outbursts, it doesn't seem as if the experience has been humbling at all. Rather, it seems that his "success" has puffed him up with pride and arrogance - the exact opposite of humility.

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "moot point", NOT "mute point".

sponsored links
Rittrato
Goldmember
1,223 posts
Joined May 2010
Apr 29, 2016 18:46 |  #77

That guy is a tool. And I've never heard of him before until now and his work isn't even that great, there's plenty of photographers in this forum alone that trumps his body of work, and I'm being sincere.

I have to give him credit though in terms of marketing.

Road ­ Dog
Joined Jul 2014
St. Augustine, Florida
May 04, 2016 11:06 |  #78

Haven't heard of him until now.

That kinda' says something right there...

Just shut up and smile...
My Current Line-Up

twists ­ n ­ turns
Joined Apr 2016
May 06, 2016 13:19 |  #79

Pekka wrote in post #17921088 (external link)
If I could afford Cayenne Turbo S, I would buy a real car like Aston Martin DB9 or a Maserati GT :)

Viva La PINTO!!!!!!!

Ninarrr
20 posts
Joined Jun 2016
Jun 30, 2016 08:09 |  #80

Absolutely shameful!

HammerCope
785 posts
Joined Aug 2006
Nebraska
Post has been edited 2 months ago by HammerCope.
Dec 01, 2017 12:46 as a reply to post 17921594 |  #81

Unfortunately people here in his home counties still flock to him. I find his work horrid.

Pete
Canon 40D & 7D 24-70 F2.8 L 70-200 F4 L Norman 400B, AB800,AB1600 White Lighting 3200

joedlh
Cream of the Crop
Joined Dec 2007
Long Island, NY, N. America, Sol III, Orion Spur, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Cluster, Laniakea.
Dec 01, 2017 15:29 |  #82

I'm curious as to why so many are piling onto this guy. I mean really, who cares? His egregious behavior is like that of countless other buffoons in social networking. Nothing anybody says will change it. Responding only feeds into the cacophony.

Joe
Gear: Kodak Instamatic, Polaroid Swinger. Oh you meant gear now. :rolleyes:
http://photo.joedlh.ne​texternal link
Editing ok

sponsored links

18,234 views & 109 likes for this thread
'Famous' photographer lashes out in comments
FORUMS News & Rumors Photography Industry News

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.