Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories
Thread started 08 Mar 2006 (Wednesday) 10:53
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Does anyone own a Crumpler 6 Million Dollar Home Bag?

Pawnee ­ Dan
244 posts
Joined Feb 2005
Oklahoma, USA
Mar 08, 2006 10:53 |  #1

I need some help, I am about to order one of these bags and I wanted to check with someone who had it.
The way it looks is it is 12.6" long, 7.1" wide and 9.5" deep. Is this correct?
Their website gives only the dimensions and not their orientation. I want to make sure the depth is the 9.5" given.

Thanks in advance.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Sometimes I Sits and Thinks... And Sometimes I Just Sits... :rolleyes:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Canon Digital Rebel XT w/Grip - Canon EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 (Kit)
Canon EF 28-135 f/3.5-5.6 IS USM - Canon EF 75-300 f/4.0-5.6 III
DynaTran AT 858 BL Tripod - Crumpler 6 Million Dollar Home

sponsored links
tnunnery
89 posts
Joined Jan 2006
SF, CA
Mar 08, 2006 11:13 |  #2

??? Already posted in response to your first question:

"I just got this bag and those dimensions are external. All of the "Million Dollar" bags were quite smaller than I thought they would be once I saw them in person. With that said, the construction is nice and the size is pretty good for a walk-around city-bag."

The exact dimensions 13"W x 9"H x 7"D are external.

tvannunnery.comexternal link
Gear list and Flickr galleryexternal link

gastroboy
115 posts
Joined Sep 2004
London, UK
Mar 08, 2006 22:15 |  #3

I have one. I'll measure for you when I get back from work

What are you planning to fit in it?

tnunnery
89 posts
Joined Jan 2006
SF, CA
Mar 09, 2006 11:10 |  #4

I did some measurements last night. The 6 Million inside dimensions are 11" wide 7" deep (front to back) and 9" high. That is, it will hold lenses standing upright up to 9" tall.

Your Rebel with the 28-135 (measuring 7" from the front of the lens to the back of the camera) will fit with the lens attached, lens down in this bag. My 5D with grip and 24-105L attached is slightly longer at 7.25" and fits, lens down, with more than an inch to spare.

Hope this helps!

TH!EN
140 posts
Joined Mar 2006
Seattle, Washington
Aug 18, 2006 14:01 as a reply to tnunnery's post |  #5

tnunnery wrote:
I did some measurements last night. The 6 Million inside dimensions are 11" wide 7" deep (front to back) and 9" high. That is, it will hold lenses standing upright up to 9" tall.

Your Rebel with the 28-135 (measuring 7" from the front of the lens to the back of the camera) will fit with the lens attached, lens down in this bag. My 5D with grip and 24-105L attached is slightly longer at 7.25" and fits, lens down, with more than an inch to spare.

Hope this helps!

Hey i see in your sig you have some of the lenses i would purchase or have, does the 70-200mm 2.8 fit in it? i want to get the 70-200mm2.8 5D and 50mm attached, and 580ex flash to fit in the bag. will that all fit? Is the bag pretty fat? i want to carry just those three things in a tight fit for city adn travel uses.

Bodies: Canon EOS 1DS Mk II
Glass: 17-40mm f4, 24-70mm 2.8, 70-200mm 2.8 IS
Accesories: 580 EXII, AB800
TNFOTO.COM

tnunnery
89 posts
Joined Jan 2006
SF, CA
Aug 18, 2006 17:42 as a reply to TH!EN's post |  #6

TH!EN wrote:
Hey i see in your sig you have some of the lenses i would purchase or have, does the 70-200mm 2.8 fit in it? i want to get the 70-200mm2.8 5D and 50mm attached, and 580ex flash to fit in the bag. will that all fit? Is the bag pretty fat? i want to carry just those three things in a tight fit for city adn travel uses.

That should fit very well. I often carry the 70-200 (upright on one side) the 5D w/ grip and 24-105 or 17-40 attached in the center area and then the 100 macro on the other side (it will fit vertically or horizontally). You may have to tilt the flash head to 90-degrees but it should work. I'll try it with the flash instead of the 100 tonight to make sure.

TH!EN
140 posts
Joined Mar 2006
Seattle, Washington
Aug 19, 2006 03:34 as a reply to tnunnery's post |  #7

tnunnery wrote:
That should fit very well. I often carry the 70-200 (upright on one side) the 5D w/ grip and 24-105 or 17-40 attached in the center area and then the 100 macro on the other side (it will fit vertically or horizontally). You may have to tilt the flash head to 90-degrees but it should work. I'll try it with the flash instead of the 100 tonight to make sure.

Thank you i would appreciate that very much your a life saver. It seems that if the grip and a Large zoom like the 24-105 fits in with the 70-200mm plus room to spare it really seems big? do you find that the bag is too big to carry for city and travel? Or is it quite easy?

TNFOTO.COM

tnunnery
89 posts
Joined Jan 2006
SF, CA
Aug 19, 2006 13:46 as a reply to TH!EN's post |  #8

TH!EN wrote:
Thank you i would appreciate that very much your a life saver. It seems that if the grip and a Large zoom like the 24-105 fits in with the 70-200mm plus room to spare it really seems big? do you find that the bag is too big to carry for city and travel? Or is it quite easy?

I checked and the 5D w/ grip, 24-105 w/ hood attached, 70-200 2.8L IS and 580ex all fits if you don't carry the 70-200 hood. The flash fits best if it's out of its case, tilted to a 90-degree angle and placed control-side down with the flash head pointing up. With this arrangement, there is still plenty of room for spare batteries, filters, TC or a small 50mm. The weight will be the only issue if you plan on shouldering it all day.

This is my favorite "go-to" bag when I'm in the city. It doesn't feel big at all and always surprises me at how much it can carry. As always, check it out in person if you can but I'm extremely happy with mine. Good luck and let me know if it works out for you.

TVN

TH!EN
140 posts
Joined Mar 2006
Seattle, Washington
Aug 19, 2006 21:16 as a reply to tnunnery's post |  #9

tnunnery wrote:
I checked and the 5D w/ grip, 24-105 w/ hood attached, 70-200 2.8L IS and 580ex all fits if you don't carry the 70-200 hood. The flash fits best if it's out of its case, tilted to a 90-degree angle and placed control-side down with the flash head pointing up. With this arrangement, there is still plenty of room for spare batteries, filters, TC or a small 50mm. The weight will be the only issue if you plan on shouldering it all day.

This is my favorite "go-to" bag when I'm in the city. It doesn't feel big at all and always surprises me at how much it can carry. As always, check it out in person if you can but I'm extremely happy with mine. Good luck and let me know if it works out for you.

TVN

Thank you soo much for all your help, i think i'll be getting mine in a few weeks. Your inquiry has helped me decision. Ill leave feed back of how it goes.

TNFOTO.COM

sponsored links

6,298 views & 0 likes for this thread
Does anyone own a Crumpler 6 Million Dollar Home Bag?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.