Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting
Thread started 19 Mar 2016 (Saturday) 17:44
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Godox X1 system integration thread

sdemul
Hatchling
4 posts
Joined Dec 2017
Dec 02, 2017 06:11 as a reply to post 18508696 |  #1381

So I'm out of luck with my older 420EX :(

I think I will consider buying another Godox TT685 or TT350 then, or a simple & cheap manual flash to use on the X1R.

Thanks for your quick reply!

sponsored links
sdemul
Hatchling
4 posts
Joined Dec 2017
Dec 02, 2017 06:17 as a reply to post 18508698 |  #1382

@jlafferty

Thanks for your suggestions.

Actually, HSS works with my 420EX when I use it on camera, without the X1 trigger/receiver.

I'm tempted to indeed get another Godox speedlite. Using the 420EX wouldn't be ideal anyway, because it's ETTL only flash.

Lotto
Goldmember
2,565 posts
Joined Mar 2005
Southern California
Dec 02, 2017 07:51 |  #1383

Yeah the 420EX does not mix well with OCF. Don't want to give you false hope, but after my last post, I pull out my very first Canon Speedlite, the 380EX, seat it on top of the X1R. To my surprise, it does fire in ETTL mode from the trigger, and the exposure seems OK for the few test shots. Since you already have the parts, recheck your settings to see if you can get it fire.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

5D, 24-105L, 70-200L IS, 85mm Art, Godox

sdemul
Hatchling
4 posts
Joined Dec 2017
Dec 03, 2017 15:55 |  #1384

Lotto wrote in post #18508735 (external link)
Yeah the 420EX does not mix well with OCF. Don't want to give you false hope, but after my last post, I pull out my very first Canon Speedlite, the 380EX, seat it on top of the X1R. To my surprise, it does fire in ETTL mode from the trigger, and the exposure seems OK for the few test shots. Since you already have the parts, recheck your settings to see if you can get it fire.

Thanks for trying this with your 380EX!
I rechecked the settings several times, but couldn't find anything. So I'm afraid it doesn't work with the 420EX I have :(

jrscls
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Dec 06, 2017 18:29 |  #1385

Looking to purchase a Godox TT350 F as a Christmas gift. I have some rewards money to spend at B&H, but on their site, they don't list the diffuser as being included in the box. Can anyone confirm it is included in the box? Not a big deal, but probably not easy finding one this small size.

https://www.bhphotovid​eo.com ...rorless_camera_flas​h.html (external link)

Fujifilm X-T2, Power Vertical Grip, XF 16mm f/1.4 R WR, XF 23mm f/1.4 R, XF 35mm f/2 R WR, XF 56mm f/1.2 R, XF 90mm f/2 R LM WR, Flashpoint R2 Strobes/Flashes

maxblack
I feel like I'm in danger
1,962 posts
Joined Sep 2008
NYC Area
Dec 06, 2017 23:15 as a reply to jrscls's post |  #1386

The “S” version I have has the diffuser included.
Would have to think the “F” version has it too.

dmward
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jun 2009
Metro Chicago
Dec 07, 2017 08:08 |  #1387

jrscls wrote in post #18512288 (external link)
Looking to purchase a Godox TT350 F as a Christmas gift. I have some rewards money to spend at B&H, but on their site, they don't list the diffuser as being included in the box. Can anyone confirm it is included in the box? Not a big deal, but probably not easy finding one this small size.

https://www.bhphotovid​eo.com ...rorless_camera_flas​h.html (external link)

The TT350f comes with diffuser.

David | Sharing my Insights, Knowledge & Experience (external link) | dmwfotos website (external link)

Daggah
Joined Jun 2014
Dec 07, 2017 23:32 |  #1388

I'm not sure what thread to actually ask this in, but it pertains to a couple different Godox products so I'll ask here. As far as I know, the Godox AD-R6 reflector's umbrella hole lines up perfectly with the AD600...does it also line up with the Godox S bracket and AD-B2? I would assume it lines up with the AD-B2 because there's a package deal for the two together?

Nikon D800/D750/FE and Olympus E-M5 shooter
flickr (external link)

Lotto
Goldmember
2,565 posts
Joined Mar 2005
Southern California
Dec 08, 2017 01:58 |  #1389

Daggah wrote in post #18513093 (external link)
I'm not sure what thread to actually ask this in, but it pertains to a couple different Godox products so I'll ask here. As far as I know, the Godox AD-R6 reflector's umbrella hole lines up perfectly with the AD600...does it also line up with the Godox S bracket and AD-B2? I would assume it lines up with the AD-B2 because there's a package deal for the two together?

The AD600 umbrella mount is at the side of the light stand mount, different from the standard Bowens reflector where the umbrella hole lines up center under the light. So the reflector that comes with the AD600 not work with other strobes if you want to use the umbrella mounting hole.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

5D, 24-105L, 70-200L IS, 85mm Art, Godox

RDKirk
Adorama says I'm "packed."
12,553 posts
Joined May 2004
USA
Dec 08, 2017 12:36 |  #1390

The umbrella hole location is a moot point.

Don't use an umbrella with those reflectors. It will fill only the smallest umbrella.

You can get this reflector from China for large umbrellas:

https://www.ebay.com ...f2aed4:g:pGgAAOSw3Y​NXa78i (external link)

You may have to drill a hole--they haven't figured that out yet.

owenegan
THREAD ­ STARTER
260 posts
Joined Dec 2015
Dec 08, 2017 23:03 |  #1391

Hi all.

Has anyone seen any info about the changes in the v1.4 firmware for the ProC controller, beyond the cryptic point-form info on godox.com?

============

1.To restore the standby(sleep)function​;
2.To adjust the button function of“CH/Zm”:Zm means the short button while CH means the long button;
3.To restore the compatible problem with V860IIC;
4.To restore the 0~30m wireless firing distance.

===========

I understand #2.

Re # 3: I'm interested in what the problems were with the V860IIC - I never played with this combo (V860II as slave).

Re #1 and #4 - were these functions flaky in v1.0?

Thanks.

Owen.

dmward
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jun 2009
Metro Chicago
Dec 09, 2017 10:28 |  #1392

RDKirk wrote in post #18513520 (external link)
The umbrella hole location is a moot point.

Don't use an umbrella with those reflectors. It will fill only the smallest umbrella.

You can get this reflector from China for large umbrellas:

https://www.ebay.com ...f2aed4:g:pGgAAOSw3Y​NXa78i (external link)

You may have to drill a hole--they haven't figured that out yet.

Cheetah Stand has a hub cap that is a bigger version of this. Works well for large umbrellas.

To drill hole for umbrella shaft, place modifier onto light, use a pencil or whatever, extended through the umbrella shaft fitting on the light to make a mark. Then drill a hole in the modifier at the mark. I found a hole somewhat larger than the umbrella shaft makes mounting the umbrella easier.

I also found that it makes live simpler if I mark the S mount pin that goes into the mount at the point where the lock is its easier to get the modifier mounted properly the first try.

David | Sharing my Insights, Knowledge & Experience (external link) | dmwfotos website (external link)

RDKirk
Adorama says I'm "packed."
12,553 posts
Joined May 2004
USA
Dec 09, 2017 17:18 |  #1393

dmward wrote in post #18514035 (external link)
Cheetah Stand has a hub cap that is a bigger version of this. Works well for large umbrellas.

To drill hole for umbrella shaft, place modifier onto light, use a pencil or whatever, extended through the umbrella shaft fitting on the light to make a mark. Then drill a hole in the modifier at the mark. I found a hole somewhat larger than the umbrella shaft makes mounting the umbrella easier.

I also found that it makes live simpler if I mark the S mount pin that goes into the mount at the point where the lock is its easier to get the modifier mounted properly the first try.

I'd use the smaller version as an umbrella reflector.

dmward
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jun 2009
Metro Chicago
Dec 09, 2017 17:50 |  #1394

RDKirk wrote in post #18514313 (external link)
I'd use the smaller version as an umbrella reflector.

For a normal umbrella I would be inclined to use the smaller one as well.
I used the hubcap with big parabolic and it worked great.

tbdinh22
Mostly Lurking
Joined Nov 2017
Dec 09, 2017 18:30 |  #1395

All these sales from Adorama and other retailers on AD600 & AD200 make me wonder if there is another model soon to be release.

I would love an AD400.

Canon 5D IV. 24- 70 2.8 II, 70-200 2.8 IS II, Sigma 135 1.8 Art, Sigma 85 1.4 Art, Tamron 15-30 2.8 VC, Tamron 90 2.8 VC
Los Angels Wedding Photography (external link)
Orange County Wedding Photography (external link)

sponsored links

275,618 views & 365 likes for this thread
Godox X1 system integration thread
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.