Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Gear Reviews Camera Reviews
Thread started 05 Apr 2016 (Tuesday) 16:53
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Canon PowerShot S110, reviewed by Indaco

TOGGLE RATINGS BETWEEN ALL AND Indaco (showing now: Indaco)
Overall Rating7.5
Overall Image Quality7.5
Value for Money6.5
Must Have6
Suitability to Intended Use8.5
Got What I Expected9.5
AF Performance7.5
Handling and Ergonomics7
User-interface8
Ownership Status: "own"

Click here for detailed specs and sample photos.
Click ratings to see total averages and rating distributions.
List all reviews of Canon PowerShot S110

Indaco
43 posts
Joined Mar 2010
California
Apr 05, 2016 16:53 |  #1

I got the S110 as a replacement for the S95 after the lens servo basically died. I'd used the S95 primarily as a second camera to my T3i. The S110 was quite an improvement and because of its portability, actually supplanted my T3i as my go-to camera for travel. The most notable features were the touchscreen, which made focusing much easier, particularly for macro shots; the ability to save in RAW; and the improvements in the click wheel around the lens. The most obvious drawbacks have been the low pixel count (at least compared to the T3i and even my cellphone) and relatively minimal amount of optical zoom, although both of these are trade-offs for the small size.

Overall, the S110 a very useful camera, but with the maturation of the Sony mirrorless range, I can see this getting squeezed between my next camera (and first non-Canon digital) and my phone.

My 500px Page (external link)
Current cameras - Canon S110, T3i | Looking forward to a Sony a6300; I'm selling out!

1,620 views & 0 likes for this thread
Canon PowerShot S110, reviewed by Indaco
FORUMS Gear Reviews Camera Reviews

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.