Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre People Talk
Thread started 19 Apr 2016 (Tuesday) 17:21
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Portraits of busty girls

Echo63
Goldmember
2,852 posts
Joined Aug 2006
Perth - Western Australia - Earth
May 07, 2016 09:45 |  #16

PhotosGuy wrote in post #17982076 (external link)
Some of them never will, because they're used to seeing themselves in a mirror with the image reversed. Try flipping the image & see it that works. ; )

its amazing how well this work.

there is a woman i have photographed a few times, and she hates having her photo taken, says she always looks a bit odd, but can never tell me exactly why.
last time i photographed her i loaded the pics straight into the laptop, picked 2 shots, flipped them both (so i had 4) and then asked her to pick which one she preferred.
she picked the flipped ones.
when i explained to her what i had done, and the reason she didn't like photos of herself, she was amazed.
was a fun little experiment....

My Best Imageswww.echo63.deviantart.​comexternal link
Gear listhttp://photography-on-the.net ...p?p=2463426&postcou​nt=385

sponsored links
PhotosGuy
74,713 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Feb 2004
Middle of Michigan
May 07, 2016 10:06 |  #17

Echo63 wrote in post #17998680 (external link)
its amazing how well this work.

there is a woman i have photographed a few times, and she hates having her photo taken, says she always looks a bit odd, but can never tell me exactly why.
last time i photographed her i loaded the pics straight into the laptop, picked 2 shots, flipped them both (so i had 4) and then asked her to pick which one she preferred.
she picked the flipped ones.
when i explained to her what i had done, and the reason she didn't like photos of herself, she was amazed.
was a fun little experiment....

The downside to that is then her friends will wonder why the images are "a little off!" ; D

FrankC - 20D, RAW, Manual everything...
Classic Carz, Racing, Air Show, Flowers.
Find the light... A few Car Lighting Tips, and MOVE YOUR FEET!
Have you thought about making your own book? // Need an exposure crutch?
New Image Size Limits: Image must not exceed 1280 pixels on any side.

Echo63
Goldmember
2,852 posts
Joined Aug 2006
Perth - Western Australia - Earth
Post has been edited over 1 year ago by Echo63.
May 07, 2016 11:26 |  #18

PhotosGuy wrote in post #17998704 (external link)
The downside to that is then her friends will wonder why the images are "a little off!" ; D

Yea, there is that......

I should have asked the PR and Media people and the Journalist to vote too - im willing to bet they would have picked the normal photos.

It was a nice simple portrait pic for a newspaper - so i had to file the normal unflipped pics.

My Best Imageswww.echo63.deviantart.​comexternal link
Gear listhttp://photography-on-the.net ...p?p=2463426&postcou​nt=385

Ken ­ McLoud
Hatchling
5 posts
Joined Jul 2016
Jul 03, 2016 09:44 |  #19

in general, if you want something to look smaller you need to push it away from the lens.

what about shooting her from above? standing on a chair, stairway, etc. that will lift her chin making (always a good thing) and put her face closer to the camera than her bust.

something similar could be accomplished by her laying on the ground and looking up at the camera in front of her.

this effect wold work better with shorter focal lengths since telephoto compression is working against you here

MidnightUK
147 posts
Joined Feb 2012
UK / GB
Jan 22, 2017 17:44 |  #20

If this is a sample of your lighting, your facial lighting is deeply unflattering and poorly done. It may be she does not like to tell you that, so is searching for an excuse as she does not want to undermine you.

If she truly disliked her bust I suspect she would not dress in tighter clothing.

I think blaming the subjects hair style and general look and style for poor lighting and posing is both inappropriate and rude, especially on a public forum. Would any of you want to read such critical and personal comments about yourself and have them permanently posted all over the web on an open forum? I think not.

Gungnir
Joined Sep 2005
Suffolk, England
Jan 23, 2017 03:03 |  #21

Her choice of brassiere can dramatically alter her bust. Ask any woman; they can make something from nothing and vice versa.

I'd ask her to experiment to find one which gives the shape she wants in the images.

Steve
'Be the person your dog thinks you are'

RDKirk
Cream of the Crop
12,490 posts
Joined May 2004
USA
Feb 06, 2017 13:25 |  #22

mikeinctown wrote in post #17981947 (external link)
I'm with OhLook. It seems you may be trying to change the appearance of someone without knowing if they even want that appearance changed.

The camera always distorts proportions. Always. It's the inescapable physical result of forcing a three-dimensional object into a 2-dimementional image.

A photographer who wants to present a portrait to a client that presents the image the subject is accustomed to seeing must know how the camera distorts and shoot to correct it beforehand. That's what most of the discussion about distance and focal length, camera height, posing, lighting, et cetera is about--knowing how to bend the fixed, two-dimensional image to fit the subject's own impression.

Reducing the distortions introduced by the camera should be done up front--no need to confer with the client about that.

sponsored links

9,697 views & 5 likes for this thread
Portraits of busty girls
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre People Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.