Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting
Thread started 09 Jul 2016 (Saturday) 09:43
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Modifier attachment newb question.

travisvwright
Goldmember
Joined Feb 2013
NC
Post has been edited over 1 year ago by travisvwright.
Jul 09, 2016 09:43 |  #1

I recently bought a set of cheetah stand boxes from a guy on here. When I asked about the mount he said they were "s-type" I assumed that meant I could use them with my godox s type flash bracket.

Godox S-type Bracket Bowens S Mount Holder for Speedlite Flash Snoot Softbox Honeycomb https://www.amazon.com ...r_other_apa_MZqGxbN​7D34YW (external link)

But I can't figure out how they could work together. They look like this.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

What am I missing?

I come here for your expert opinion. Please do not hesitate to critique or edit.
70D, T3i, Tamron 28-75 2.8, Tamron 70-200 2.8 VC, Canon 50 1.4, Canon 100 2.8 Macro, Canon 85 1.8, Canon 10-18 4.5 STM

Franklin NC Photographer Travis Wright (external link)

sponsored links
ThreeHounds
Joined Mar 2014
Delray Beach, Fl USA
Jul 09, 2016 10:44 |  #2

Those pictured are for Elinchrom

5D MkIII | 7D | Bronica ETRS
24-105 f/4 L | 17-40 f/4 L | 70-300 f/4 L | 105 f/3.5 Zenzanon | Tamron SP90 f/2.8 Di Macro VC USM
flickr (external link)

frozenframe
Goldmember
Joined Jun 2013
Kansas, USA
Post has been edited over 1 year ago by frozenframe.
Jul 09, 2016 10:50 |  #3

You would need a Bowens mount for the S-type you linked to. The stubs on a Bowens mount slide into the notches on the front of the S-Mount.
For those you have pictured you need the Elinchrom S-Type Bracket (external link)

Ron
My Gear List

travisvwright
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Feb 2013
NC
Post has been last edited over 1 year ago by travisvwright. 2 edits done in total.
Jul 09, 2016 15:52 |  #4

So do I sell these, buy some kind of adapter, or buy elinchrome s brackets? I'm not really tied to any system yet.

I come here for your expert opinion. Please do not hesitate to critique or edit.
70D, T3i, Tamron 28-75 2.8, Tamron 70-200 2.8 VC, Canon 50 1.4, Canon 100 2.8 Macro, Canon 85 1.8, Canon 10-18 4.5 STM

smaeda
Goldmember
1,104 posts
Joined Aug 2012
Shawnee, KS
Jul 09, 2016 16:12 |  #5

Depends on what light you are going to be using. If you are only going to be using speedlights, might as well get the Godox S bracket for Elinchrom since they are so cheap. If you are going to use strobe/mono lights, then get the appropriate speed ring for it.

https://instagram.com/​shintarodesign (external link)
www.shintarodesign.com (external link)
https://www.facebook.c​om/shintarodesign (external link)
5Diii, 70-200mm f2.8 L, 35mm f2 IS, 100mm f2.8 L,

ThreeHounds
Joined Mar 2014
Delray Beach, Fl USA
Post has been last edited over 1 year ago by ThreeHounds. 2 edits done in total.
Jul 09, 2016 16:33 as a reply to smaeda's post |  #6

Are those Cheetah stand speedrings? If so I think you can get Bowens inserts and switch them out.

Edit: It looks like you may be able to. http://www.cheetahstan​d.com/Speed-Rings-p/sr.htm (external link)

Drop an email to Edward or give him a call. I'm sure he can help you out.

5D MkIII | 7D | Bronica ETRS
24-105 f/4 L | 17-40 f/4 L | 70-300 f/4 L | 105 f/3.5 Zenzanon | Tamron SP90 f/2.8 Di Macro VC USM
flickr (external link)

travisvwright
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Feb 2013
NC
Post has been edited over 1 year ago by travisvwright.
Jul 11, 2016 15:22 |  #7

ThreeHounds wrote in post #18062445 (external link)
Are those Cheetah stand speedrings? If so I think you can get Bowens inserts and switch them out.

Edit: It looks like you may be able to. http://www.cheetahstan​d.com/Speed-Rings-p/sr.htm (external link)

Drop an email to Edward or give him a call. I'm sure he can help you out.

Ok so given I could just by an elinchrom s bracket for $25 or buy the other ring from cheetahstand for $25, I'm going to buy the other bracket because that way I'll have both types of brackets. That makes sense right? (BTW I'm using ad360 lights with these.)

sponsored links

1,397 views & 1 like for this thread
Modifier attachment newb question.
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.