Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Fashion, Editorial & Commercial Talk
Thread started 23 Jul 2016 (Saturday) 08:40
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Dissapointed, location search (nice modern architecture) for fashionshoot :( :( :(

CanonYouCan
Goldmember
1,451 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Oct 2010
Belgium
Jul 23, 2016 08:40 |  #1

In past I did a nice modelshoot in combination with a new cityhall with modern architecture and it was superb.
I thought of starting back again with modelshoots in combination with modern architecture.

Today I drove around with a list of about 10 locations I found via Google and I came dissapointed home.
Some where companies with gates closed, a modern courthouse with camera's and others not so special in reality :(

Maybe I don't need to prepare myself for searching a locations and simply start shooting somewhere like at the beach or (boring) woods ?
Anyone who also has trouble finding nice locations for modelshoots ?

6D | 24-70 2.8 L | 70-200 2.8L II
Tokina 17 3.5 AT-X PRO | Sigma 50 1.4 Art | Sigma 85 1.4 Art | 135 2L

Lighting : Godox AD600B TTL strobe & X1T-C | Canon 220 EX compact speedlite
Modifiers: 60cm Collapsible Silver Beautydish + grid | Godox 120cm Octagon softbox + grid
Tripod: Vanguard Alta 253CT carbon

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
Joined Dec 2008
Omak, in north-central Washington state, USA
Post has been edited over 1 year ago by Tom Reichner.
Aug 02, 2016 12:38 |  #2

CanonYouCan wrote in post #18075162 (external link)
Maybe I don't need to prepare myself for searching a locations and simply start shooting somewhere like at the beach or (boring) woods ?

If that is what you think of the woods then you shouldn't shoot there........how could you produce work that is vibrant and inspired if you have convinced yourself that the venue is boring?

Personally, I think that buildings and most manmade objects are as boring as a pile of feces, and that woods and beaches are dynamic and exciting.

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "peace of mind", NOT "piece of mind".

nathancarter
Cream of the Crop
Joined Dec 2010
Aug 04, 2016 08:13 |  #3

Look for a local photo club in which the members are friendly and open to sharing, and collaborate with them.

Many of the "prime" locations around here are closely guarded secrets. However, our photo clubs sometimes have the clout (and budget) to rent out good locations. In the recent past we've rented out the historic Tampa Theatre, an abandoned mansion (Howey house), a wild-west film set, and several other interesting locations.

http://www.avidchick.c​om (external link) for business stuff
http://www.facebook.co​m/VictorVoyeur (external link) for fun stuff

1,216 views & 0 likes for this thread
Dissapointed, location search (nice modern architecture) for fashionshoot :( :( :(
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Fashion, Editorial & Commercial Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.