Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting
Thread started 19 Aug 2016 (Friday) 22:56
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Parabolix - Just what I've been waiting for!

nixland
449 posts
Joined Apr 2009
Sep 11, 2017 18:54 |  #46

pursang wrote in post #18449062 (external link)
My experience with the Parabolix 35D
http://www.markkitaoka​.com/latest-news/parabolix-35d/ (external link)

Thanks for sharing.

By the way the fully focused light pattern image at the bottom of the page was shot from what distance? (distance between camera and the front part of the parabolix)

pursang
Joined Oct 2013
San Francisco
Sep 11, 2017 19:36 as a reply to nixland's post |  #47

Six feet

nixland
449 posts
Joined Apr 2009
Sep 12, 2017 07:49 |  #48

pursang wrote in post #18449766 (external link)
Six feet

I see, thanks.

So it is as I expected. Since the inner surface is not very reflective, it can't focus the light more parallel.
From what I see and read on their website, it is more like Eli rotalux inner surface. Cmiimw.
But does not mean its bad thing, I like my rotalux. It gives softer light than para :)

shaolin95
124 posts
Joined Jan 2008
Sep 12, 2017 22:24 |  #49

nixland wrote in post #18450102 (external link)
I see, thanks.

So it is as I expected. Since the inner surface is not very reflective, it can't focus the light more parallel.
From what I see and read on their website, it is more like Eli rotalux inner surface. Cmiimw.
But does not mean its bad thing, I like my rotalux. It gives softer light than para :)

I was expecting a more dramatic different with the focused light, more a Para or even Mola Setti look but is not what I am seeing so I am rethinking if I should try it or not. :/

13,768 views & 3 likes for this thread
Parabolix - Just what I've been waiting for!
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.