Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Competitions
Thread started 08 Sep 2016 (Thursday) 17:16
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Digital Camera Speed Challenge #431 - Leading Lines

darkslinger
Joined Mar 2011
surrey, british columbia
Sep 18, 2016 21:49 |  #46

Thank you Maureen, I'm honoured. Thank you everyone, what a mess this was. WaterBoy, I thought your shot was fantastic.

Anyways, the new challenge is up here: http://photography-on-the.net .../showthread.php?t=1​467544

I hope you all enjoy and I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone submits.

Cheers!

sponsored links
FstopMiami123
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Nov 2008
Miami
Sep 23, 2016 19:50 as a reply to post 18127905 |  #47

Sorry you are annoyed

I do not get email notifications when someone posts on any threads I am a part of, only PMs.

Canon 5DSr Canon 17-40 L Canon 70-200 2.8 IS L Canon 300 2.8 LCanon 50mm 1.8 Canon 85mm 1.8Canon 580EXII
www.CollsFineArtPhotog​raphy.com (external link)

FstopMiami123
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Nov 2008
Miami
Sep 23, 2016 19:51 |  #48

Sibil wrote in post #18125559 (external link)
QUOTED IMAGE

Congratulations Sibil, and excuse my delay.

I hope you get the email notifications.

Armando

Canon 5DSr Canon 17-40 L Canon 70-200 2.8 IS L Canon 300 2.8 LCanon 50mm 1.8 Canon 85mm 1.8Canon 580EXII
www.CollsFineArtPhotog​raphy.com (external link)

OhLook
Spiderwoman
14,960 posts
Gallery: 64 photos
Joined Dec 2012
California: SF Bay Area
Sep 23, 2016 22:08 |  #49

FstopMiami123 wrote in post #18138291 (external link)
Sorry you are annoyed

I do not get email notifications when someone posts on any threads I am a part of, only PMs.

Armando, it isn't particularly my job to respond to your "explanation." It isn't particularly anyone's. But I want to say a few things.

First, a genuine apology doesn't begin "Sorry you . . ." It begins "Sorry I . . ." You apologize for your own behavior, not for someone else's reaction to it. That's what being sorry is about.

Second, judging a challenge doesn't depend on e-mail notifications. You keep track of the challenge on your own and show up when you said you would.

FstopMiami123 wrote in post #18121478 (external link)

The challenge begins when posted, and will end at 6PM Eastern Daylight Time (or midnight in the UK, which is where I'll be) on Monday, Sept. 12, 2016 [It turned out that you wouldn't be in the UK, that you had simply pasted this from the previous winner's announcement, apparently without looking at it.]

The winner will be announced at some point the next day

Did you really need to be notified by e-mail that Tuesday, Sept. 13, had rolled around? :rolleyes:

Your next post baffled me:

FstopMiami123 wrote in post #18138292 (external link)
Congratulations Sibil, and excuse my delay.

I hope you get the email notifications.

Armando

Why congratulate Sibil? He didn't win, darkslinger did. Darkslinger has already started the next challenge. (And e-mail notifications are irrelevant. Darkslinger, no doubt, owns a calendar.)

Then it flashed on me that you must have thought you were still judging the entries and you were just a little late. You hadn't read the whole thread. You didn't know that in your absence the members found it necessary to do something different. May I suggest reading the thread now? You can start with teekay's excellent statement in Post #11. It's about responsibility.

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS FOR YOU: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.) | IMAGE EDITING OK

Sibil
Goldmember
4,907 posts
Joined Jan 2009
SoCal
Sep 24, 2016 04:33 |  #50

FstopMiami123 wrote in post #18138292 (external link)
Congratulations Sibil, ......

:-D :grin: I won, I won. Woot woot. Now where is that bottle of champagne we have been saving? :lol: :grin:

OhLook wrote in post #18138390 (external link)
Why congratulate Sibil? He didn't win, ......

:cry: Come on, why spoil it for me? I win so rarely. :cry:

Sorry folks, at this point I can only joke about it. Perhaps the op is not familiar with the inter workings of the forum, the challenge series, or maybe there is language barrier, etc. Should this thread be locked?

WaterBoy2090
Joined Jun 2014
Sydney, Australia
Sep 24, 2016 06:07 |  #51

I wasn't going to bring it up, particularly after all the controversy, but when was darkslinger last drug tested....... :p

7D Mark II
10-18 f4.5-5.6 is, 24-70 f2.8L II, 70-200 f2.8L is II, 100-400 f4.5-5.6L is II, TC1.4, & 430EX II

darkslinger
Joined Mar 2011
surrey, british columbia
Sep 24, 2016 09:32 as a reply to WaterBoy2090's post |  #52

It was only cough syrup, I swear!!

OhLook
Spiderwoman
14,960 posts
Gallery: 64 photos
Joined Dec 2012
California: SF Bay Area
Sep 24, 2016 14:03 |  #53

Sibil wrote in post #18138581 (external link)
:cry: Come on, why spoil it for me? I win so rarely. :cry:

Aww. It's always disappointing when defeat is snatched from the jaws of victory.

Sorry folks, at this point I can only joke about it. Perhaps the op is not familiar with the inter workings of the forum, the challenge series, or maybe there is language barrier, etc. Should this thread be locked?

Opinions will vary. I guess I'm just more judgmental than you. FstopMiami's post yesterday made me angry enough to reply even though I'm not in charge of the thread or the series. When he returned, he posted as if a winner hadn't been picked days earlier. Either he didn't read far enough into the thread to find out how much disruption his absence had caused, or he was being disingenuous. He didn't give any of the reasons you suggest he may have had, not even "Sorry, I was supposed to do something ten days ago, and I forgot." What was super irritating was that his posts were more of the same.

I don't want to blow things up out of proportion. Nobody died or got sick or missed a plane. What happened is like inviting a lot of people to a party at your place, but when they arrive, you're not home and the door is locked.

Who'll volunteer to PM the OP and tell him that others are talking to him and about him? He doesn't do anything unless he's notified.

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS FOR YOU: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.) | IMAGE EDITING OK

Maureen ­ Souza
Ms. MODERATOR     Something Spectacular!
32,620 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Feb 2005
Central California
Sep 24, 2016 21:02 as a reply to OhLook's post |  #54

He has participated in many challenges around the forum in the past so he knows the rules. I have had to message him in the past about judging. Hopefully it won't be a problem again.

Life is hard...but I just take it one photograph at a time.

5DMK4
5DIII
Canon Lenses: 50/1.4, 85/1.2 135/2.0, 300/f4, 24-70/2.8 both I & II

Sibil
Goldmember
4,907 posts
Joined Jan 2009
SoCal
Sep 24, 2016 23:10 |  #55

Maureen Souza wrote in post #18139391 (external link)
He has participated in many challenges around the forum in the past so he knows the rules. I have had to message him in the past about judging. Hopefully it won't be a problem again.

In that case, I am fully with OhLook and the criticism.

sponsored links

6,428 views & 24 likes for this thread
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Competitions

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.