Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Architecture, Real-Estate & Buildings Talk
Thread started 12 Oct 2016 (Wednesday) 12:47
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Real-Estate (homes) approach...

01Ryan10
Joined Aug 2012
OC, California
Oct 12, 2016 12:47 |  #1

Anyone ever tried or think that it might be a good idea to hire models to stage in your photographs? Would seeing a good looking couple sharing a bottle of wine and a laugh in the kitchen area improve on a picture of an empty kitchen? How about seeing someone actually sitting in the wine cellar actually smoking a cigar and drinking a cognac? A couple out at the pool?

This idea would be geared for the high end luxury homes. Not sure if anyone does this, if it's cost effective, or actually a bad idea. I also think that people looking at pictures want to project themselves in their future space, and not see people already there.

Thoughts?

http://RyanLunaPhotogr​aphy.com (external link)
IG: @01ryanluna10 (external link)

sponsored links
Scott ­ Spellman
Joined Oct 2015
Royal Oak MI
Post has been last edited over 1 year ago by Scott Spellman. 2 edits done in total.
Oct 16, 2016 23:20 |  #2

I have shot 5 very high end properties ($1M+ ) with models, but none of my other real estate agents has asked or wanted to pay extra for model talent.

Asking photographers about this is completely irelevant. Ask your clients instead.

cccc
Goldmember
Joined Dec 2008
Sacramento, CA
Oct 21, 2016 13:33 |  #3

I've seen it in more video oriented work. Definitely worth a shot if you have a client who wants to pay!

Wilt
Reader's Digest Condensed version of War and Peace [POTN Vol 1]
39,280 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2005
Belmont, CA
Post has been last edited over 1 year ago by Wilt. 2 edits done in total.
Oct 22, 2016 15:42 |  #4

If you think about the PURPOSE OF STAGING, it is to get the owners' belongings out of the place, so that potiential buyers can imagine it to be their own. Impersonalized furniture vs. photos of owners and relatives and friends.

So then I have to wonder if having models in the shot interferes with potential buyers being able to envision the place as THEIRS. ?

Buyers often seem to lack imagination...they often "don't like a place because..." and seem unable to imagine the place the way THEY WANT it to be. So would someone else enjoy the place in a photo prevent them from imagining themselves in place of the models?!

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support http://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

archfotos
87 posts
Joined May 2016
Oct 27, 2016 07:56 |  #5

Scott Spellman wrote in post #18158838 (external link)
Asking photographers about this is completely relevant. Ask your clients instead.

+1

If your clients aren't on board hiring the models in the first place convincing them after the fact is a gamble. I've watched art directors be incredible picky both on set and after the fact. Let the client make the decision upfront.

How much do you get paid to be thinking of fronting the cost of talent?

DC Photographer (external link)

PECE ­ Photo
99 posts
Joined May 2015
Nov 22, 2016 18:48 |  #6

Models would be great if used properly. The mls systems don't allow that, but the agent could use the photos in brochures and all other marketing.

I personally believe Real Estate photography is still very much in development mode. People just don't know yet what works in my opinion. Models would sell spaces amazingly by creating that mood and emotion needed to get a buyer worked up. There's just a lot of dogma right now in the real estate photography industry.

One Light Real Estate Photography Course: http://www.pecephoto.c​om/one-light-tutorial/ (external link)

Ty ­ G
136 posts
Joined Mar 2008
Sep 22, 2017 00:20 |  #7

I am a realtor as well as photographer here in Colorado. Our MLS in Colorado will NOT allow any people in listing photos. That may be a NAR rule.

40D, 30D, couple BG-E2 grips, 70-200L 2.8 IS, 17-40L F4, 580EXII, and some other junk.

sponsored links

1,610 views & 0 likes for this thread
Real-Estate (homes) approach...
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Architecture, Real-Estate & Buildings Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.