Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing
Thread started 07 Nov 2016 (Monday) 15:57
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Anyone shooting pro-ish video with Canon 7D mark II?

WebDevGuy
Goldmember
Joined Nov 2009
Nov 07, 2016 15:57 |  #1

Are any of you shooting semi-pro/pro video with the Canon 7D mk II? If so how have you liked it? Any links of your work?

7D Mark ii, T1i/500D, 17-55 2.8, 100-400L mk II - More Gear
flickrexternal link
Join the group: Canon 7D Mark II + Canon 100-400mm L IS II on flickrexternal link
5 out of 4 people can't do fractions.

Larry ­ Johnson
Goldmember
1,176 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Sep 2011
Virginia
Post has been last edited over 1 year ago by Larry Johnson. 2 edits done in total.
Nov 07, 2016 17:47 |  #2

I've been studying and buying a few pieces of equipment over the past month to determine how well the 7Dii does for wildlife videography. Initially, I was looking for a video camera, but not knowing what to look for, decided to give the DLSR a try. Shot a few short clips of geese at a good distance yesterday. Had a 1.4 converter on a 100-400v1 lens on a tripod with video head. I don't use the converter with that lens when shooting stills, but thought it might be ok for video. The image quality was very good IMO. As you can imagine, I had a difficult time keeping the image steady at that focal length. My only editting software is LR5 at this point. It was shot with Canon's Standard Picture Style, 100 ISO, 1080/30fps-all-I. 1/60 shutter. It looked fine on my laptop monitor, but when I connected to TV screen, it looked over saturated, so I turned down the saturation a bit. https://vimeo.com/1906​51836 (external link)

flickr (external link)

Roy ­ Mathers
I am Spartacus!
35,636 posts
Joined Dec 2006
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Sep 16, 2017 10:03 |  #3

May I ask - can you shoot video just using the viewfinder or do you have to use the live view/screen as in the Mk1? Thanks.

Larry ­ Johnson
Goldmember
1,176 posts
Joined Sep 2011
Virginia
Sep 16, 2017 10:20 as a reply to Roy Mathers's post |  #4

Must use live view.

flickr (external link)

Roy ­ Mathers
I am Spartacus!
35,636 posts
Joined Dec 2006
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Sep 16, 2017 11:00 |  #5

Thanks Larry.

3,665 views & 0 likes for this thread
Anyone shooting pro-ish video with Canon 7D mark II?
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.