Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Changing Camera Brands
Thread started 20 Nov 2016 (Sunday) 15:06
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Thinking about selling off some Canon camera bodies but which ones?

wrxspdwgn
45 posts
Joined Oct 2009
Germantown, WI
Nov 20, 2016 15:06 |  #1

About 2013 I bought my first micro 4/3 camera and have added to my lenses ever since. I currently have the new OMD E-M1 Mark ll on pre-order and hope to use it for shooting wildlife. It's been quite awhile since I've used my Canon cameras and I would like to sell off two of the camera bodies , but I'm not sure which way to go. I currently have a: 1D mark lll with a shutter count of about 18000 (according to the seller I bought it from), a 1Ds Mark ll with a shutter count of about 6000 and a 5D classic with an unknown shutter count. A full frame might compliment my micro 4/3 gear well just not sure.

Bob
Gear

sponsored links
foto16
Joined Nov 2016
Washington DC, USA
Nov 30, 2016 16:03 |  #2

What I know is that if you want sell a camera that you don't use, don't wait. The body depreciates fast with new announcements.

AlanU
Cream of the Crop
Joined Feb 2008
Vancouver, BC
Nov 30, 2016 17:32 |  #3

I'd suggest selling all of your older Canon bodies. If you had to keep one of your older bodies I still think the 5dc has beautiful organic ff files.

The new EM1mk2 IQ, high iso performance or dynamic range has not changed much from the old EM-1 or E-m5.

IF you have EF lenses picking up a fresh canon body like a 6d would still keep you in the canon world. Killer dynamic range and incredible image quality compared to the M43 platform. This would be a great compliment to your other gear for extremely low light photography.

If you have EF-S lenses a great universal crop body is the 80D.

5Dmkiv |5Dmkiii | 80D | 24LmkII | 35mm f/2 IS | 85 mkII L | 100L | EF-S 10-22 | 16-35L mkII | 24-70 f/2.8L mkii| 70-200 f/2.8 ISL mkII| 600EX-RT x2 | 580 EX II x2 | Einstein's
Fuji X-T2 w/battery booster | 16mm f/1.4 | 56 f/1.2 | 10-24 f/4.0 | 55-200 | EF-X500

wrxspdwgn
THREAD ­ STARTER
45 posts
Joined Oct 2009
Germantown, WI
Jan 14, 2017 18:19 |  #4

Thank you both for responding.

Bob
Gear

Scottboarding
Joined May 2016
Jan 15, 2017 18:16 |  #5

If you plan on using the Olympus for wildlife, then I can't imagine you have much need for the AF in the 1D bodies. The Canon 5D has some of the most beautiful colors I've ever seen in a digital camera. You could use the Olympus for wildlife and the 5D for portraits and anything else you like to shoot.

Olympus E-M1 - Mitakon 25mm f0.95 - Olympus 17mm f1.8
Nikon FM2n - Nikon Ai-s 28mm f2.8 - Nikon Ai 50mm f1.4
Ricoh GRii

photoguy407
Hatchling
5 posts
Joined Feb 2017
Aug 07, 2017 17:26 |  #6

get rid of the 5d

sponsored links

1,607 views & 0 likes for this thread
Thinking about selling off some Canon camera bodies but which ones?
FORUMS General Gear Talk Changing Camera Brands

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.