Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions
Thread started 19 Dec 2016 (Monday) 14:34
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

6D Mark II

filmuser
Joined Jul 2016
Dec 19, 2016 14:34 |  #1

No Canon EOS 6D Mark II because a full-frame mirrorless camera is coming instead? [CW3]

http://flip.it/CmzMsA (external link)

sponsored links
PNPhotography
Joined Sep 2007
central PA
Dec 19, 2016 14:46 |  #2

Hope your wrong........

6D|7D|7DMKII|Nikon D750|Nikon 85 F1.8|Nikon D5500|G15| Gripped|300F4|35F2IS|8​5 F1.8|135L F2|200L F2.8|17-55 F2.8|70-200L F2.8 MKII|430EX|
https://www.facebook.c​om ...2755174446/?ref=boo​kmarks (external link)

Bassat
"I am still in my underwear."
6,550 posts
Joined Oct 2015
Bourbon, Indiana - USA
Dec 19, 2016 15:02 |  #3

Rumors usually get more accurate closer to any release date. No release date for anything. No truth, at all. I am reasonably certain that CR has never gotten specs right, not even once, before an official release announcement. At that point it isn't a rumor anymore.

Tom

Eastport
Joined Apr 2009
Dec 19, 2016 22:32 |  #4

It's the holidays. Canon has been pushing the 80D pretty hard. Maybe it's not working well enough. Those of us on the sidelines wanting and waiting for the 6DII with all of the 80D bells and whistles in a small full frame body are avoiding the 80D. Canon does not like that. Typical they would delay the 6DII or tone down the expectations until after the holiday sales for the 80D have been exhausted. Just my take on any such rumors. Is it possible a full frame mirrorless is coming? Very possible but not in
place of the 6D II but rather in addition to it. All of which means I have no clue.

saea501
... spilled over a little on the panties
Joined Jan 2010
Florida
Dec 20, 2016 08:44 |  #5

Kind of fascinating to me how many are constantly on the edge of their seats waiting hopefully for the next newer, bigger, better, faster, hotter, cooler, hot shot whatever to be released.

I guess you'll always have that. -?

Remember what the DorMouse said.....feed your head.
Bob

Bassat
6,550 posts
Joined Oct 2015
Bourbon, Indiana - USA
Dec 20, 2016 08:54 |  #6

saea501 wrote in post #18218570 (external link)
Kind of fascinating to me how many are constantly on the edge of their seats waiting hopefully for the next newer, bigger, better, faster, hotter, cooler, hot shot whatever to be released.

It amazes me how many people put so much stock in 'rumor' sites that have never been right about anything, ever. Their sole reason to exist is to put eyeballs on their advertising. Sheep.

Tom

Eastport
Joined Apr 2009
Dec 20, 2016 10:17 as a reply to saea501's post |  #7

I declined to purchase the 6D. Rented it, borrowed it. Too many compromises. We shall see whether the II version is similarly dumbed down too much from the 5D series.

Trevor04GT
Joined Dec 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Dec 20, 2016 11:09 |  #8

I will be really disappointed if they don't release a 6D2.

Trevor - Canon 6D / Canon 35mm 1.4L / Canon 50mm 1.4 USM / Canon 24-105mm F4L / Canon 135mm F2L

Wilt
Reader's Digest Condensed version of War and Peace [POTN Vol 1]
39,147 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2005
Belmont, CA
Post has been edited 11 months ago by Wilt.
Dec 20, 2016 12:04 |  #9

saea501 wrote in post #18218570 (external link)

^

"Oh, I can hardly wait to pay top dollar (not discounted) for a product which has no immediate RAW file support in RAW conversion programs, and for which the aftermarket accessories have not yet been spawned!"

Even more fascinating are the "I can hardly wait to camp overnight outside the store to pay top dollar (not discounted) for a product which forces me to rebuy my accessories because the port connectiuons are different, and for which the aftermarket accessories have not yet been spawned!"

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support http://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

Bassat
6,550 posts
Joined Oct 2015
Bourbon, Indiana - USA
Dec 20, 2016 12:06 |  #10

Wilt wrote in post #18218744 (external link)
^

"Oh, I can hardly wait to pay top dollar (not discounted) for a product which has no immediate RAW file support in RAW conversion programs, and for which the aftermarket accessories have not yet been spawned!"

I just went through that with the 80D. It certainly is inconvenient, but not the end of the world. Strange, I never had this problem when new films came out. (No, not new MOVIES!)

Tom

Wilt
Reader's Digest Condensed version of War and Peace [POTN Vol 1]
39,147 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2005
Belmont, CA
Dec 20, 2016 12:07 |  #11

Eastport wrote in post #18218639 (external link)
I declined to purchase the 6D. Rented it, borrowed it. Too many compromises. We shall see whether the II version is similarly dumbed down too much from the 5D series.

It makes the most sense that the 6DII is a 'dumbed down 5D' by virtue of the fact that the 6D has always been the 'entry priced affordable full frame dSLR' offered by Canon.

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support http://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

Lumens
370 posts
Joined Dec 2013
Mesa, AZ
Dec 20, 2016 12:49 |  #12

Interesting speculation, note I used the term speculation because that is all it is, but perhaps educated speculation.

With Mirrorless becoming MUCH more competitive into the DSLR market (I admit my 6D sits on the shelf while my Fuji XT-2 is my "Go To"), it would make sense for Canon to start with a simpler (Beginner) Mirrorless Full Frame than try to create a mirrorless full frame with all the bells and whistles right out of the gate.

After a little success with a First Edition for Beginners then an effort to build a professional Full Frame Mirrorless would follow. I suspect eventually mirrors will be replaced by mirrorless and a step by step approach makes sense.

FUJI XT1 -> XF 10-24, XF 18-55, XF 55-200, XF 27mm pancake
6D -> Canon 28mm f2.8 IS, Canon 50mm f1.4, Canon 85mm f1.8, Canon 100mm f2.8 Macro IS
Canon 24-105 f4L, Canon EF 70-200 f4L IS USM, Canon EF 100-400L IS
7D -> Canon EF-S 15-85

Bassat
6,550 posts
Joined Oct 2015
Bourbon, Indiana - USA
Dec 20, 2016 13:43 |  #13

I must admit that I don't know anything about mirrorless cameras, with the exception of my G15. Are we talking about cameras I can mount a lens like the 100-400L, 135L or Rokinon 12mm f/2.8 FE on? Full frame sensors, with all the bells and whistles of modern DSLR? I bought my first SLR in 1975, I've developed a fondness for them. DSLRs aren't going away anytime soon, are they?

Tom

Eastport
Joined Apr 2009
Dec 20, 2016 14:51 |  #14

Wilt wrote in post #18218753 (external link)
It makes the most sense that the 6DII is a 'dumbed down 5D' by virtue of the fact that the 6D has always been the 'entry priced affordable full frame dSLR' offered by Canon.

Yeah, but there's dumbed down, and really dumbed down. I did like it in low light - as long as the subjects were not moving

Bassat
6,550 posts
Joined Oct 2015
Bourbon, Indiana - USA
Dec 20, 2016 15:34 |  #15

Eastport wrote in post #18218922 (external link)
Yeah, but there's dumbed down, and really dumbed down. I did like it in low light - as long as the subjects were not moving

This begs the question, what camera DO you like in low light with MOVING subjects?

Tom

sponsored links

4,810 views & 4 likes for this thread
6D Mark II
FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.