Since I really enjoyed the theme that Mark posted, I’ll stay in a similar vein; post a picture that illustrates a line from a favourite poem or song. Post your image along with the line, title and author of the piece you used.
The challenge begins when posted, and will end on Tuesday, Jan 03, 2017 at 7 PM PST. The winner will be announced shortly thereafter.
1. Camera: Any DIGITAL CAMERA is allowed, (not just DSLR)
2. Time: Any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
3. Size: See standard P.O.T.N. Image Posting Rules.
4. Post Processing: Do whatever you like and the host will decide if it works.
5. Posting: ONE PHOTO per photographer in each challenge.
6. Details: Show camera model & lens used. Post brief EXIF data including ISO, shutter speed and aperture used.
7. Commenting: Please, NO COMMENTING DURING CHALLENGE feel free to comment in this thread after a winner is declared.
8. Content: Keep it clean, and both Family and Work safe.
9. Have questions? PM me.
10. Have FUN!
* THE WINNER ALWAYS SETS THE THEME FOR THE NEXT CHALLENGE, POSTS IT AND JUDGES IT - BE PREPARED! A new challenge should be posted ASAP after you have been declared the winner.
Here are my thoughts on the submissions:
M_Six – Great composition and apropos to the verse that you chose. I’d like to see some more saturation in the wings of the plane but maybe that’s closer to the reality?
Hye5 – Definitely got the Wow Factor! Everything works in the image and what a great choice of lyrics.
Alveric – Beautiful image, I like the plain black background and I’m partial to slightly less than perfect flowers. I can relate to Mr. Blake’s poem.
Benitoite – I love your choice of poem, it evokes great imagery. I think that the image could probably use a bit of crop and the colourful piece in the upper left is a little distracting.
#1 - Hye5 takes the win
#2 - Alveric
I see M_Six and Benitoite in a tie for third
All yours Hye5...looking forward to the next challenge!