Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Architecture, Real-Estate & Buildings
Thread started 28 Dec 2016 (Wednesday) 12:33
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Nikon lens reccommendations for real estate

krisammad
37 posts
Joined Oct 2016
Post has been last edited 9 months ago by krisammad. 2 edits done in total.
Dec 28, 2016 12:33 |  #1

Im looking to experiment markets and do more real estate. Currently the widest lens I have is the nikon 24mm. I dont want any distortion, would you recommend going wider to a 17mm or is 24mm wide enough? I shoot full frame nikon d610. Any reccommendations on ideal lenses would be greatly appreciated.

erk
287 posts
Joined Sep 2005
Portland OR
Dec 29, 2016 01:04 |  #2

The 14-24 is an amazing lens and would really be handy, as real estate agents really love (to my chagrin) super wide shots that embellish the size of the room however it's quite expensive, the 16-35mm f/4G ED VR would be nearly as good (maybe better for your needs) and is half the price.

5DIV | 5DII | T2i | TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II | 70-200 f/2.8L IS II | 24-70 f/2.8L | 16-35 f/4L IS | Sigma Art 50 f/1.4 | 100 f/2.8 Macro | Sigma 85 f/1.4

BDM
414 posts
Joined Jan 2004
Near Toledo, Ohio
Jan 07, 2017 14:17 |  #3

I second the recommendation for the 14 – 24 lens. It is critically sharp with no observable visual defects. It is heavy and you have to be careful to not damage the very large front element. Its main drawback is that it does not offer perspective control which can be very important for architecture. I also have a 17 mm tilt shift lens for my Canon gear which does offer that control and so I tend to look to that first. You might want to consider the 24 mm Nikon tilt shift lens as well. Having come from using 4 x 5 film cameras I do find prospective control to be a very valuable feature for that kind of photography.

712 views & 1 like for this thread
Nikon lens reccommendations for real estate
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Architecture, Real-Estate & Buildings

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.