Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Architecture, Real-Estate & Buildings
Thread started 10 Jan 2017 (Tuesday) 11:01
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Anyone use Lightroom Enfuse?

trevorpdx
135 posts
Joined Oct 2005
Jan 10, 2017 11:01 |  #1

When working with natural light, I've had pretty good luck with the Enfuse plugin for LR, but I'm having some troubles now...I just picked up a new computer, so I had to reinstall Lightroom and the Enfuse plugin, and both seem to be working just fine. I'm taking photos with a Canon 5D and a very stable tripod, so there is no shake or blurriness at all. However, when the photos go through the whole Enfuse process, they look how they should for the most part, except for one issue - they seem to have this kinda blurry effect in some areas, as if the images aren't aligned.

Does anyone know what the issue could be here? I haven't uninstalled / reinstalled it yet, perhaps I'll try that, but I'm puzzled as to why it's not working like it did before. Any help/input would be much appreciated!

I can upload some samples if necessary.

sponsored links
Scott ­ Spellman
Joined Oct 2015
Royal Oak MI
Jan 10, 2017 11:32 |  #2

As I remember there is a setting in Enfuse for auto alignment-make sure that is unchecked if using a tripod.

trevorpdx
THREAD ­ STARTER
135 posts
Joined Oct 2005
Jan 10, 2017 11:37 |  #3

Scott Spellman wrote in post #18239966 (external link)
As I remember there is a setting in Enfuse for auto alignment-make sure that is unchecked if using a tripod.

Yeah, I've tried with that option clicked both on and off...from the instructions within the program, it should be unchecked, which is how I have it. I tried with it clicked, too, but I get the same result. Annoying!!

Monkey ­ moss
890 posts
Joined Apr 2012
Bristol, England
Jan 10, 2017 16:57 |  #4

Just a random idea, distortion correction applied to one and not others? Default import setting?

Jon :cool::oops::D:cry::confused::(:lol:
Gear: 5Diii, 16-35 f4, 24-70 f2.8 ii, 70-300L, 35mm f2 IS, 85mm 1.8
My Flickr (external link)

trevorpdx
THREAD ­ STARTER
135 posts
Joined Oct 2005
Jan 10, 2017 17:02 |  #5

Monkey moss wrote in post #18240308 (external link)
Just a random idea, distortion correction applied to one and not others? Default import setting?

Good thought, that could totally do it, but I have done auto correction on either all or none of the images in each stack. Any other thoughts..? Thanks for any ideas / suggestions! The whole ghosting thing can totally happen when one has lens correct and another doesn't, but that isn't the case here.

Monkey ­ moss
890 posts
Joined Apr 2012
Bristol, England
Jan 10, 2017 17:14 |  #6

Hmmm, weird one. I sometimes do hand held hdr shots (3 exposures) and enfuse has always aligned them perfectly.

As a test maybe try importing raws (or original jpegs) with no development settings and see if it still blurs.

Jon :cool::oops::D:cry::confused::(:lol:
Gear: 5Diii, 16-35 f4, 24-70 f2.8 ii, 70-300L, 35mm f2 IS, 85mm 1.8
My Flickr (external link)

trevorpdx
THREAD ­ STARTER
135 posts
Joined Oct 2005
Jan 10, 2017 17:33 |  #7

Monkey moss wrote in post #18240332 (external link)
Hmmm, weird one. I sometimes do hand held hdr shots (3 exposures) and enfuse has always aligned them perfectly.

As a test maybe try importing raws (or original jpegs) with no development settings and see if it still blurs.

Good idea! I'm not at my work computer right now, but I'm going to give that a try when I get back. I'd like to have the ability to do some work on them before stacking and enfusing or whatever, but I'm getting to the point where I'm willing to make a bit of a sacrifice and then fix ti later with the raw filter in Photoshop or something. I'll post back on here with the results when I can try that out. Thanks again!

dmward
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jun 2009
Metro Chicago
Jan 16, 2017 20:58 |  #8

Why are you bothering with Enfuse?
Lightroom, for the last 3 or 4 versions, has a merge to HDR feature built in that works quite well.
When it had a problem I do the merge to HDR in Photoshop CC. It that can't handle it I have a couple of HDR specific applications.
Realistically, LR merge to HDR works 90+% of the time.

Nice thing about it is that all the develop controls have an extended range.

David | Sharing my Insights, Knowledge & Experience (external link) | dmwfotos website (external link)

sponsored links

893 views & 0 likes for this thread
Anyone use Lightroom Enfuse?
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Architecture, Real-Estate & Buildings

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.