Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Urban Life & Travel Talk
Thread started 16 Jan 2017 (Monday) 10:02
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

What photography spots in Malaga (Spain) and around in April?

lukasgunar
Joined Mar 2007
SLOVAKIA
Jan 16, 2017 10:02 |  #1

Hi guys,
I will be traveling to Malaga (Spain) at the beginning of April for business trip while I will have a chance to stay 3-4 days after on my own.
I am wondering if there are any "MUST SEE" locations for landscape in the area of let's say 100 km around Malaga?

Thank you very much for sharing!

lukas

Canon EOS 5D MkII, Canon EOS 30D
Canon 16-35 f/4L IS, Canon 17-40 f/4L, Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II, Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM, Canon Speedlite 580EXII

sponsored links
Ian ­ Mackie
Don’t bait the TF, it’ll backfire on you.
Joined May 2013
From Scotland, living in Gibraltar "A Jock on the Rock"
Jan 16, 2017 10:37 |  #2

Definately spend a day in and around Ronda, about an hours drive from Malaga. If I was you I'd drive down the coast towards Marbella then follow the signs for Ronda from there, may take you a little longer. It's a winding road with "miradors" i.e. Stopping places for photo opportunities, signposted in brown depicting old bellows cameras, can't miss them.

flickr (external link)

lukasgunar
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Mar 2007
SLOVAKIA
Jan 16, 2017 13:27 as a reply to Ian Mackie's post |  #3

Hi Ian,
many thanks!
A colleague of mine is working out our itinerary while Ronda was first on his list.
If we don't travel by train there but rent a car and Ronda stays on our list I will definitely reach out for the driving plan.
Anything in the area which would be must-see landscape location?
Cheers

lukas

Canon EOS 5D MkII, Canon EOS 30D
Canon 16-35 f/4L IS, Canon 17-40 f/4L, Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II, Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM, Canon Speedlite 580EXII

mikepj
200 posts
Joined Jan 2011
Central Michigan
May 18, 2017 12:39 |  #4

How'd the trip go? Planning to visit there later this summer. What gear did you bring and use the most, and what were the sights not-to-be-missed?

Radiant Photography (external link) Instagram (external link) Instagram (Sports) (external link) Flickr (external link)
5D Mark II, 7D Mark II, 16-35 ƒ4L, 24-105 ƒ4L, 70-200 ƒ2.8L IS II, 100-400 ƒ4.5-5.6L, 85 ƒ1.8, 50 ƒ1.8 STM
EOS M, EF-M 22 ƒ2 STM

Wilt
Reader's Digest Condensed version of War and Peace [POTN Vol 1]
39,280 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2005
Belmont, CA
Post has been edited 7 months ago by Wilt.
May 18, 2017 12:48 |  #5

You're gonna be less than 2 hours away from Gibraltar or Granada

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support http://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

timc
Joined Aug 2006
May 19, 2017 13:57 as a reply to Wilt's post |  #6

Granada is impresssive; good photo ops there, the ancient huge cathedral with the shantys below and the winding stream is memorable

sponsored links

3,902 views & 0 likes for this thread
What photography spots in Malaga (Spain) and around in April?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Urban Life & Travel Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.