Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Competitions
Thread started 19 Jan 2017 (Thursday) 12:45
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Digital Speed Challenge #448 - Table Top Photography

OldCrow
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2013
NC Foothills
Post has been edited 9 months ago by OldCrow.
Jan 19, 2017 12:45 |  #1

The challenge this week is to photograph items around the house that will fit on a tabletop. Take a look inside your garage, kitchen, storage space etc. You will find all kinds of interesting things. As usual, be creative and have fun.

The challenge begins when posted, and will end on Wednesday, Jan 25, 2017 at 9 PM EST. The winner will be announced shortly thereafter.

CHALLENGE RULES:
1. Camera: Any DIGITAL CAMERA is allowed, (not just DSLR)
2. Time: Any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
3. Size: See standard P.O.T.N. Image Posting Rules.
4. Post Processing: Do whatever you like and the host will decide if it works.
5. Posting: ONE PHOTO per photographer in each challenge.
6. Details: Show camera model & lens used. Post brief EXIF data including ISO, shutter speed and aperture used.
7. Commenting: Please, NO COMMENTING DURING CHALLENGE feel free to comment in this thread after a winner is declared.
8. Content: Keep it clean, and both Family and Work safe.
9. Have questions? PM me.
10. Have FUN!

* THE WINNER ALWAYS SETS THE THEME FOR THE NEXT CHALLENGE, POSTS IT AND JUDGES IT - BE PREPARED!

A new challenge should be posted ASAP after you have been declared the winner.

Don
---------------
Canon SX50, Pentax K30, Fuji S2950

sponsored links
OldCrow
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2013
NC Foothills
Jan 23, 2017 08:09 |  #2

Hi Folks, still time to get those table top/still life photos posted.

Don
---------------

Benitoite
Goldmember
Joined Jan 2015
Morgan Hill, CA
Jan 23, 2017 22:35 |  #3

Fish For The Tabletop Hot Pot Stew

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.
Photo from Benitoite's gallery.

OldCrow
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2013
NC Foothills
Jan 25, 2017 06:52 |  #4

Still a few hours left to enter your photos.

Don
---------------

OldCrow
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2013
NC Foothills
Jan 25, 2017 19:11 |  #5

Nice photo Benitoite. I like fish but prefer them not looking at me before I eat them.  :p

This challenge was not well received. Hope your challenge theme draws more participation.

What's next Benitoite?

Don
---------------

Benitoite
Goldmember
Joined Jan 2015
Morgan Hill, CA
Jan 25, 2017 19:40 |  #6

OldCrow wrote in post #18255496 (external link)
Nice photo Benitoite. I like fish but prefer them not looking at me before I eat them.  :p

This challenge was not well received. Hope your challenge theme draws more participation.

What's next Benitoite?

sweet.

Welp, I seem to have won on a technicality, therefor: http://photography-on-the.net .../showthread.php?t=1​474858

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
Joined Dec 2008
Omak, in north-central Washington state, USA
Jan 26, 2017 00:55 |  #7

OldCrow wrote in post #18255496 (external link)
This challenge was not well received.

I really love participating in these challenges. But some topics seem to greatly favor subjects that are manmade, or at least those that exhibit "the hand of man" in some way. I have a difficulty with such subject matter, as I primarily photograph things from nature - things in which man had no influence. So sometimes it is hard for me to come up with an entry for a challenge, because, well . . . . . how do you enter tabletop images if you don't care to photograph something on a table because tables are manmade?

I do think that "Tabletop Photography" is an interesting concept, and that there is value in selecting such a theme.....it's just something that I personally don't really have a passion to do myself. But I think ti was a neat thing to do, and am puzzled as to why there wasn't more participation. Perhaps others who regularly participate in these challenges could explain why they did not do so this week???

Anyway, I will check out Benetoite's newly issued challenge - #449 - and hope that it will work for my images, which usually feature "nature in the raw".

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "peace of mind", NOT "piece of mind".

OldCrow
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2013
NC Foothills
Jan 26, 2017 07:28 |  #8

Not a problem Tom. Challenge participation comes and goes.

I try to select topics other than the ordinary everyday photo topics. Sometimes they work, this time not so well.

Personally, I like Benitoite's topic for this week. One will have to think somewhat outside the box to come up with a photo.

Don
---------------

Sibil
Goldmember
4,907 posts
Joined Jan 2009
SoCal
Jan 26, 2017 09:43 |  #9

Tom Reichner wrote in post #18255671 (external link)
Perhaps others who regularly participate in these challenges could explain why they did not do so this week???

Because......

* THE WINNER ALWAYS SETS THE THEME FOR THE NEXT CHALLENGE, POSTS IT AND JUDGES IT - BE PREPARED!

I have found that the judging part is stressful for me.

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
Joined Dec 2008
Jan 26, 2017 10:10 |  #10

Sibil wrote in post #18255887 (external link)

I don't think it was very stressful for Old Crow.

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "peace of mind", NOT "piece of mind".

OldCrow
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2013
NC Foothills
Jan 26, 2017 12:38 |  #11

Tom Reichner wrote in post #18255910 (external link)

I don't think it was very stressful for Old Crow.

This time was a no-brainer. I can relate to Benitoite's comment. I am forced outside my comfort zone when I have to critique others photos. I can pick out the ones I like easy enough but giving constructive feedback on the others I find somewhat difficult at times. I hope it gets easier as time goes by.

Don
---------------

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
Joined Dec 2008
Jan 26, 2017 12:53 |  #12

Sibil wrote in post #18255887 (external link)

OldCrow wrote in post #18256027 (external link)
I can relate to Benitoite's comment. I am forced outside my comfort zone when I have to critique others photos.

Did you happen to mean that you relate to Sibil's comment?

OldCrow
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2013
NC Foothills
Jan 26, 2017 13:46 |  #13

Tom Reichner wrote in post #18256039 (external link)
Did you happen to mean that you relate to Sibil's comment?

Oops, yes I did.

Don
---------------

Benitoite
Goldmember
Joined Jan 2015
Morgan Hill, CA
Jan 26, 2017 17:57 |  #14

Sometimes the judgements show the stress of judgement. I was a musician in school, so we learned a lot about judging, playing each semester in front of a faculty jury. I think one does have to play to win... but judges need to remember to have fun, also, and that the players have been likewise directed to have fun with the task.

Happy lunar new year, y'all!

sponsored links

1,581 views & 2 likes for this thread
Digital Speed Challenge #448 - Table Top Photography
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Competitions

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.