Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Nikon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Nikon Cameras
Thread started 21 Jan 2017 (Saturday) 08:54
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Tethered shooting with Nikon (kinda need quick help)

Left ­ Handed ­ Brisket
That's my line!
Joined Jun 2011
The Uwharrie Mts, NC
Post has been edited 8 months ago by Left Handed Brisket.
Jan 21, 2017 08:54 |  #1

thought this might be as easy as it is with my 6D, hopefully I'm just missing something simple.

I set up the D750 via USB and tried to shoot via Lightroom and got nowhere. Then looked around a little and see that Nikon live view tethered isn't supported?

Any pointers on how this works best? Have a PC with CC and pretty sure the Nikon software. Could potentially get different software. I also have the little HDMI plug and a monitor that supposedly works with it, but my main goal is to get the files onto the computer fast, hopefully naming them before releasing the shutter via mouse click.

If I can get a handle on this by Monday it would be great. Thanks for any guidance you can provide.

PSA: The above post may contain sarcasm, reply at your own risk | Formerly he's gone before apostrophe-gate | Not in gear database: Canon 70-210 3.5-4.5, Auto Sears 50mm 2.0 / 2x CL-360, Nikon SB-28, SunPak auto 322 D, Minolta 20

Left ­ Handed ­ Brisket
THREAD ­ STARTER
That's my line!
Joined Jun 2011
The Uwharrie Mts, NC
Jan 22, 2017 09:57 |  #2

Anyone?

PSA: The above post may contain sarcasm, reply at your own risk | Formerly he's gone before apostrophe-gate | Not in gear database: Canon 70-210 3.5-4.5, Auto Sears 50mm 2.0 / 2x CL-360, Nikon SB-28, SunPak auto 322 D, Minolta 20

TheBigDog
Goldmember
Joined Jul 2009
Sicklerville, NJ, USA
Jan 22, 2017 15:53 |  #3

I think you need Nikon's Camera Control Pro software. I've used Helicon Remote software with some success. Not sure it will help you but could be worth a look.

Chris
http://www.cegphotogra​phy.com/ (external link)
Flickr (external link) * Facebook (external link)
Nikon D5 * D810 * 24-70 f/2.8 * Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art * 105mm f/2.8 * 70-200 f/2.8 * 80-400mm * Sigma Sport 150-600mm

jlafferty
70 posts
Joined Feb 2017
NYC
Apr 24, 2017 07:01 |  #4

Download a Capture One trial and see if it helps. Not on a PC so I can't really be more specific. Good luck.

Current Portfolio (external link)

Left ­ Handed ­ Brisket
THREAD ­ STARTER
That's my line!
Joined Jun 2011
The Uwharrie Mts, NC
Post has been last edited 5 months ago by Left Handed Brisket. 2 edits done in total.
Apr 24, 2017 07:44 |  #5

jlafferty wrote in post #18336727 (external link)
Download a Capture One trial and see if it helps. Not on a PC so I can't really be more specific. Good luck.

I use Capture One for my own work on a Mac with a Canon and love it.

I've been using the Nikon Camera Control Software (thanks big dog) and while it works, it is super limited. My main complaint is that while you can set up a naming scheme with a serial number and other static info, there is no simple way to insert anything for each image taken.

At some point I may suggest they start using Capture One, but this place is a mess and there are about 20 things I need to change first.

798 views & 1 like for this thread
Tethered shooting with Nikon (kinda need quick help)
FORUMS Nikon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Nikon Cameras

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.