Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting
Thread started 24 Jan 2017 (Tuesday) 09:35
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Anyone using Parabolix?

Mikepe
Hatchling
3 posts
Joined Jan 2017
Jan 27, 2017 05:05 |  #16

Very nice pictures :-) Would the Parabolix also be an upgrade if coming from the Elinchrom Deep Octa using only the Disc or are the difference not that big worth to upgrade ?

sponsored links
ethompson53
Hatchling
5 posts
Joined Nov 2014
Post has been edited 1 month ago by ethompson53.
Jan 27, 2017 12:59 as a reply to Mikepe's post |  #17

I have an Elinchrom 39" Deep Octa that I love. I tested it with deflector plates and it didn't quite like the look. It didn't look as good as a beauty dish or when I used just the inner baffle. I almost always use it with just the inner baffle in place. it has a little more snap than using the both baffles. The Parabolix's look can be changed because you can change the focus of the light.

shaolin95
54 posts
Joined Jan 2008
Mar 13, 2017 14:40 |  #18

SYS wrote in post #18255580 (external link)
I was just kidding. I'm liking the RB120 already. The Parabolix is in the future for me at some point. Post more photos with the Parabolix, if you don't mind.

Any chance you can post some comparison photos of the same subject with the Cheetah and Parabolix? :)

SYS
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jul 2004
Gilligan's Island
Mar 13, 2017 14:42 |  #19

shaolin95 wrote in post #18299955 (external link)
Any chance you can post some comparison photos of the same subject with the Cheetah and Parabolix? :)

Don't have a Parabolix, yet.

"Life is short, art is long..."
-Goethe
My Gear & DIYs

shaolin95
54 posts
Joined Jan 2008
Post has been edited 9 days ago by shaolin95.
Mar 13, 2017 14:44 |  #20

SYS wrote in post #18299956 (external link)
Don't have a Parabolix, yet.

Sorry, quoted the wrong person :)

ethompson53 wrote in post #18255575 (external link)
Thanks but don't be...the RB120 is a very good modifier. You won't be disappointed with your results. The Parabolix is just more elegant modifier but at a higher price point and I've found a difference in the light quality. I'm really growing to like this.

bobbyz
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
17,945 posts
Joined Nov 2007
Bay Area, CA
Mar 13, 2017 14:58 |  #21

Next time I am down in LA, I will take some time to visit the parabolix to see it in person.

5dmk3, 35L, 85L II, 300mm f2.8 IS I, 400mm f5.6
Fuji XT-1, 14mm f2.8, 23mm f1.4, 35mm f1.4, 56mm f1.2, 90mm f2, 50-140mm f2.8

kickmaster
Joined Nov 2004
San Diego. CA
Mar 15, 2017 10:53 as a reply to bobbyz's post |  #22

As along as you're traveling south, make it to San Diego and do a studio shoot with me. I have two Rice Bowls and two Parabolix. Or, you cal call David directly at Parabolix. He hosts a shoot on the third Sunday of each month.

Canon Forever! 5D III, 1DX, L Primes & Zooms, Kino-Flo, Einsteins, Diva Ringlight, Phottix Indra 500 TTL, Full studio....

sponsored links

2,313 views & 14 likes for this thread
Anyone using Parabolix?
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.