Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Gear Reviews Lens Reviews
Thread started 28 Jan 2017 (Saturday) 19:21
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Nikon AF Nikkor 300mm f/4 IF-ED, reviewed by Pagman

TOGGLE RATINGS BETWEEN ALL AND Pagman (showing now: Pagman)
Overall Rating9.5
Overall Image Quality10
Value for Money10
Bokeh9
Sharpness9.5
Contrast9.5
Focusing10
Must Have9.5
Suitability to Intended Use10
Got What I Expected10
Ownership Status: "own"

Click here for detailed specs and sample photos.
Click ratings to see total averages and rating distributions.
List all reviews of Nikon AF Nikkor 300mm f/4 IF-ED

Pagman
I just hold the thing :-)
Joined Dec 2011
Jan 28, 2017 19:21 |  #1

I brought this lens winter of 2016 from a private seller who looked after it well, I had heard many good things about it but also a few regarding its apparent slow focus - well after having it for just over a month I can say that paired up with my D7100, I find its a fantastic combination and suite each other perfectly.
My previous long zoom lens was the AF-S 70-300 VR ED but I found the iq at 300mm a bit lacking even after stopping down - No sutch worries with the 300 f4 its sharp even wide open at a very respectful f4, and if you make use of the focus limiter switch(as I do) the focus is as fast as the 300VR zoom was.

Its heavy when compaired to a plastic bodied zoom but built like a tank with a all metal/all glass set up and feels well balanced on the D7100, Its very reasuring to use knowing how well built it is and in use its faultless and consistant.

Picture quality out of the lens is very punchy with great contrast, and a strange but very happy optical thing I have noticed - distant objects seem less affected by distortion and keep thier shape very well.

All in all its a Brilliant lens and well worth what I paid for it:-)

P.

Nikon D7100, Nikkor 300 f4 IF ED :-)

373 views & 0 likes for this thread
Nikon AF Nikkor 300mm f/4 IF-ED, reviewed by Pagman
FORUMS Gear Reviews Lens Reviews

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.