Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions
Thread started 04 Feb 2017 (Saturday) 19:02
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

New camera feature wish list.

ThomasDidymus
Joined Sep 2015
Saint Augustine
Feb 04, 2017 19:02 |  #1

I have all but joined the sony dark side and can't wait to get into a Sony full frame, but I am hoping that they come out with something that will blow everything else out of the water. I would love 11 or more frames per second and over 24 mg with Great High Iso... I don't think that is to much to ask for.

Eyes like a shutter, mind like a lens..

sponsored links
Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
Joined Dec 2008
Omak, in north-central Washington state, USA
Feb 04, 2017 20:15 |  #2

ThomasDidymus wrote in post #18264805 (external link)
I have all but joined the sony dark side and can't wait to get into a Sony full frame, but I am hoping that they come out with something that will blow everything else out of the water. I would love 11 or more frames per second and over 24 mg with Great High Iso... I don't think that is to much to ask for.

Are you wanting discussion about this, or were you simply telling us what your "wish list" is?

I ask because you do not ask any questions in your post, nor do you say what you would like other members to share about this issue...........a fact which leaves me uncertain as to how to respond, or even if I/we are supposed to respond at all.

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "peace of mind", NOT "piece of mind".

ThomasDidymus
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Sep 2015
Saint Augustine
Feb 04, 2017 20:21 as a reply to Tom Reichner's post |  #3

I guess it was a bit of a rant as well as stating what I want. But also seeing if others are waiting for new stuff to come out.

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
Joined Dec 2008
Feb 04, 2017 23:04 |  #4

ThomasDidymus wrote in post #18264887 (external link)
I guess it was a bit of a rant as well as stating what I want. But also seeing if others are waiting for new stuff to come out.

Well, in that case I'll share what I would love to see someday:

A medium or large format digital camera that would have a full compliment of native lenses that is just as complete and diverse as Canon's EF lens lineup - all the way up to 800mm. And I would like the autofocus system and frame rate on this MF body to be every bit as good and fast as that on Canon's current 1Dx series.

Why?

Because I would love to capture images of fast-moving birds and wildlife in action, and be able to make big huge prints that look great at close viewing distances. By "look great", I mean where you can see every hair and every feather segment, resolved so well that it appears separate and distinct from every other hair and feather segment. And by huge prints I mean prints that fill up a wall, like 10 to 12 feet across and 6 to 8 feet high. Stitching wouldn't work if it's a bird in full flight, or a deer on an all-out run at point-blank range..........only way to do this is with a huge sensor with gazillions of pixels.

I don't think I will ever see such a system in my lifetime, but that doesn't stop me from wanting it.

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "peace of mind", NOT "piece of mind".

Scottboarding
Joined May 2016
Feb 07, 2017 12:13 |  #5

All I want is a digital roll of film. Like something you can put in the back of a film camera just like you would a roll of film. I don't care if it's only 8 megapixels, or if it's max ISO is 6400 (or even a fixed ISO). That would be so much fun to shoot with. I would love to be able to shoot my Nikon FM2n for paid work but nobody wants to wait, or take the risk that comes with film. It's probably impossible to engineer, but that would be a really cool thing to have.

Olympus E-M1 - Mitakon 25mm f0.95 - Olympus 25mm f1.8 - Olympus 17mm f1.8
Nikon FM2n - Nikon Ai-s 28mm f2.8 - Nikon Ai 50mm f1.4
Ricoh GRii

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
Joined Dec 2008
Post has been last edited 9 months ago by Tom Reichner. 4 edits done in total.
Feb 07, 2017 12:41 |  #6

Scottboarding wrote in post #18266975 (external link)
All I want is a digital roll of film. Like something you can put in the back of a film camera just like you would a roll of film. I don't care if it's only 8 megapixels, or if it's max ISO is 6400 (or even a fixed ISO). That would be so much fun to shoot with. I would love to be able to shoot my Nikon FM2n for paid work but nobody wants to wait, or take the risk that comes with film. It's probably impossible to engineer, but that would be a really cool thing to have.

I'm not sure that I understand what you are describing/wishing for.

Do you mean that there would be something like a roll of "disposable sensors" in which each frame can only be used for one image? If so, then I am not understanding how the results would be different than, or better than, what we get with the "regular" digital cameras we use. Could you explain it a bit more?

gjl711
They have pills for that now you know.
53,250 posts
Joined Aug 2006
Deep in the heart of Texas
Feb 07, 2017 12:54 |  #7

Tom Reichner wrote in post #18265008 (external link)
A medium or large format digital camera that would have a full compliment of native lenses that is just as complete and diverse as Canon's EF lens lineup - all the way up to 800mm. ...

WHoa Tom, that's going to be a monster lens. The Takumar 800mm F4 lens for Pentax weighs a whopping 40 pounds. :)

Not sure why, but call me JJ.
I used to hate math but then I realised decimals have a point.
::Flickr:: (external link)
::Gear::

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
Joined Dec 2008
Feb 07, 2017 13:04 |  #8

gjl711 wrote in post #18266997 (external link)
WHoa Tom, that's going to be a monster lens. The Takumar 800mm F4 lens for Pentax weighs a whopping 40 pounds. :)

I think that in the future, technological advances will allow us to have such optics at a fraction of their current weight. In the last 100 years, don't you see how far we've come with so many things? What's to keep us from advancing just as much over the course of the next 100 years?

gjl711
53,250 posts
Joined Aug 2006
Feb 07, 2017 13:19 |  #9

Tom Reichner wrote in post #18267007 (external link)
I think that in the future, technological advances will allow us to have such optics at a fraction of their current weight. In the last 100 years, don't you see how far we've come with so many things? What's to keep us from advancing just as much over the course of the next 100 years?

Gravitational lensing with mini-black holes. :):):):):)

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
Joined Dec 2008
Feb 07, 2017 13:36 |  #10

gjl711 wrote in post #18267034 (external link)
Gravitational lensing with mini-black holes. :):):):):)

I have no idea what that means........sorry, but I am not technologically oriented. But yeah, if that technology enables to make smaller, lighter long telephotos, then I am in favor of it (so long as light transmission and image quality are not compromised).

DrMitch
Joined Dec 2008
Toronto
Feb 07, 2017 13:40 |  #11

Tom Reichner wrote in post #18266991 (external link)
I'm not sure that I understand what you are describing/wishing for.

Do you mean that there would be something like a roll of "disposable sensors" in which each frame can only be used for one image? If so, then I am not understanding how the results would be different than, or better than, what we get with the "regular" digital cameras we use. Could you explain it a bit more?

Way back in the day (when I had a Canon T90 35mm) and digital was just starting to come out, there was an article I read of someone trying to develop a sensor "packet" that fits in to regular 35mm camera like regular roll of film. Would be nice to revive alot of the old 35mm camera systems out there - but not sure if they would even come close to what is available today in terms of quality and cost for such a small market - but that's why this is a wish list!

I have a photographic memory, just wish I'd remember to take the lens cap off more often! :oops:
7DII - Canon 70-200 2.8 II - Sigma 10-20 - Sigma 17-50/2.8OS - F-Stop Lotus Backpack - ThinkTank Speed Racer V2 - Tamrac Velocity 8x - Peak Design Slide & Capture Pro
Flickr Collection (external link)

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
Joined Dec 2008
Feb 07, 2017 14:18 |  #12

DrMitch wrote in post #18267064 (external link)
Way back in the day (when I had a Canon T90 35mm) and digital was just starting to come out, there was an article I read of someone trying to develop a sensor "packet" that fits in to regular 35mm camera like regular roll of film. Would be nice to revive alot of the old 35mm camera systems out there - but not sure if they would even come close to what is available today in terms of quality and cost for such a small market - but that's why this is a wish list!

Well, if this is a "longing for nostalgia" thing, then I encourage you to just go ahead and use the old film camera that is nostalgic for you! If nostalgia (not results) is your goal, then using the old nostalgic camera seems to be a more realistic path towards nostalgic satisfaction than wishing for new technology. In fact, the latter actually seems counter-logical.

If you really loved using that old camera, then get yourself some rolls of film and go ahead and indulge!

ThomasDidymus
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Sep 2015
Saint Augustine
Feb 08, 2017 22:51 |  #13

I would love something that was the size on my A6000 with a 10-1000mm F2.8 workable ISO over 100,000... I would love 25fps. I also want 4k video..... O and wile we are at it I also want all this is a 360 VR camera... because that would be awesome.

Scottboarding
Joined May 2016
Feb 08, 2017 23:16 as a reply to Tom Reichner's post |  #14

Not disposable, no. Like with a roll of film, you put in the canister, and pull the film across and slide it into the holder. Though probably not possible, it would be really cool if you could put in a digital sensor that would stay in behind the lens. Include a canister just so that it would stay still, but instead of film being exposed and then moved, just have a digital sensor sitting there. I highly doubt it's physically possible, but man that would be cool.

Olympus E-M1 - Mitakon 25mm f0.95 - Olympus 25mm f1.8 - Olympus 17mm f1.8
Nikon FM2n - Nikon Ai-s 28mm f2.8 - Nikon Ai 50mm f1.4
Ricoh GRii

gjl711
53,250 posts
Joined Aug 2006
Feb 08, 2017 23:25 |  #15

Scottboarding wrote in post #18268403 (external link)
Not disposable, no. Like with a roll of film, you put in the canister, and pull the film across and slide it into the holder. Though probably not possible, it would be really cool if you could put in a digital sensor that would stay in behind the lens. Include a canister just so that it would stay still, but instead of film being exposed and then moved, just have a digital sensor sitting there. I highly doubt it's physically possible, but man that would be cool.

There have been a few attempts andthis one (external link) look promising, but why? A dedicated digital camera with its rich feature set is way more useful.

sponsored links

3,340 views & 9 likes for this thread
New camera feature wish list.
FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.