Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Other Digital Cameras Olympus Digital Cameras
Thread started 05 Feb 2017 (Sunday) 14:15
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Live Composite Mode settings

p3av8or
220 posts
Joined Dec 2009
S. Texas
Feb 05, 2017 14:15 |  #1

I'm getting ready to do a light painting shoot and happened across the Live Composite mode in my EM5 Mk II. Anyone have experience shooting in this mode? Any recommendations on settings? We are shooting vehicles in a windowless garage and will have 100% control of the light. We will have VAL's walking through cars painting them with various lights.

"Sorry don't get it done, Dude." John Wayne, (Rio Bravo)
Lot's o' Canon gear with a couple Sigma lenses to boot
Oly EM5 Mk II and a handful of lenses.
www.tweddlephoto.com (external link)
https://www.facebook.c​om ...raphy-LLC/211181952284213 (external link)

Strick
Joined Aug 2007
Katy, TX
Feb 06, 2017 20:30 |  #2

I have not tried it with live painting but I have used for lightning and some other night shots. Figure the exposure you want to control the ambient and then just set that as your composite setting then just add some light where you want. For what you are doing live time would work also since it show the image getting exposed on the lcd like it does in live composite. Live composite is cool though since you wont overexpose unless you add to much light, the amount of time it runs won't change the exposure, only the light that add with the "painting".

flickr (external link)
www.strickphotography.​com (external link)
www.zoominphoto.com (external link)

p3av8or
THREAD ­ STARTER
220 posts
Joined Dec 2009
S. Texas
Feb 15, 2017 21:10 as a reply to Strick's post |  #3

Thanks. The shoot went pretty good, but we had a hard time seeing the results as we shot. I tried to tether the camera to an iPad, but it was incredibly frustrating. We gave up and started using a Hoodman Loupe and being very careful to not bump the camera. Next time, we will try another method of tethering. I am also curious how it does in a lightning storm... Should be amazing!

"Sorry don't get it done, Dude." John Wayne, (Rio Bravo)
Lot's o' Canon gear with a couple Sigma lenses to boot
Oly EM5 Mk II and a handful of lenses.
www.tweddlephoto.com (external link)
https://www.facebook.c​om ...raphy-LLC/211181952284213 (external link)

823 views & 0 likes for this thread
Live Composite Mode settings
FORUMS Other Digital Cameras Olympus Digital Cameras

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.