Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions
Thread started 15 Feb 2017 (Wednesday) 18:55
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

What's the reason preventing ibis on DSLR?

Jarvis ­ Creative ­ Studios
Goldmember
Joined Aug 2013
Houston, Texas
Jun 08, 2017 17:11 |  #16

As Tom said, the a99ii has IBIS. It is the most advanced DSLR on the planet with the least advanced good primes lol. Same with the a9. Most advanced sports camera on the market with no long primes for sports. Sony is confused lol.

Side note, I own the a9 and it's a perfect camera for me (I don't shoot sports) but I'm definitely not a Sony fan boy who thinks they do nothing wrong. I would have loved to have the a99ii, but Sony's last two good portrait primes were released in 2006. They haven't come out with an A mount lens in over 2 years.

WEBSITE (external link)
flickr (external link)
Sony HX90V || Sony RX100V || Sony a6500 || Sony a9 || Sony E 10-18mm f/4 OSS || Sony FE 24-70 f/2.8 GM || Sony Sonnar T* FE 35mm f/2.8 ZA || Sony Sonnar T* FE 55mm f1.8 ZA || Sony FE 70-200 f/2.8 GM OSS || Godox speedlights and strobes

CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)
47,715 posts
Gallery: 78 photos
Joined Apr 2003
Rhode Island USA
Post has been last edited 5 months ago by CyberDyneSystems. 2 edits done in total.
Jun 10, 2017 17:00 |  #17

Timza wrote in post #18373810 (external link)
The original poster said DSLR.

Please list for me the currently produced camera bodies that have IBIS, are manufactured by Sony, Olympus, or Panasonic, and have a MIRROR.

As mentioned, SONY A99II, also, SONY A77 II, SONY A68, Pentax K1, Pentax K70, Pentax KP24, Pentax K33 II, Pentax KP.

Of course the first was Minolta, in it's "7D"
Minolta was bought by SONY, which is why early (last decade) SONY DSLRs also had IBIS.
Then Pentax did it (K10D) and has been doing it for 10 years,. the current 36MP K1 is a very fine DSLR.

Olympus used to have DSLR with IBIS, but they got out of the DSLR market in 2010. Panasonic also no longer make DSLR.

GEAR LIST
CDS' HOT LINKS
Jake Hegnauer Photography (external link)

Jarvis ­ Creative ­ Studios
Goldmember
Joined Aug 2013
Houston, Texas
Jun 10, 2017 17:12 |  #18

CyberDyneSystems wrote in post #18375507 (external link)
Then Pentax did it (K10D) and has been doing it for 10 years,. the current 36MP K1 is a very fine DSLR.

It sure is, especially for the $1800 buy in price. Best landscape camera on the market at that price and it's rgb mode (or whatever it has that increases the sharpness / colors of the pictures like a fovion sensor does)

WEBSITE (external link)
flickr (external link)
Sony HX90V || Sony RX100V || Sony a6500 || Sony a9 || Sony E 10-18mm f/4 OSS || Sony FE 24-70 f/2.8 GM || Sony Sonnar T* FE 35mm f/2.8 ZA || Sony Sonnar T* FE 55mm f1.8 ZA || Sony FE 70-200 f/2.8 GM OSS || Godox speedlights and strobes

mickeyb105
Goldmember
Joined Dec 2011
Vero Beach, FL
Jun 11, 2017 22:53 |  #19

Jarvis Creative Studios wrote in post #18374168 (external link)
As Tom said, the a99ii has IBIS. It is the most advanced DSLR on the planet with the least advanced good primes lol. Same with the a9. Most advanced sports camera on the market with no long primes for sports. Sony is confused lol.

It's a real shame that Sony can't just reissue the Minolta HS APO series with SSM to replace the screwdrive motors. Perhaps the materials Minolta used on the APO series can't be manufactured now for safety reasons, but the GM glass on the FE lenses is plenty good. I mean, why not try it out with something like the 400 4.5? It's not like Sony even has a 400 prime to compete with it.

As you know, I love my Minolta 200 2.8 HS APO but that old tech will break at some point.

At any rate, the 200 HS goes nice with the 2xTC made for it. Shooting at 400 5.6 hand held with middling IBIS of the a77ii is pretty easy due to the weight savings. On the a99ii I can only imagine a solid improvement.

Took this one from the gallery of the Florida House of the Speaker and Senate President, where no flash is allowed at 1/160 at 400mm. I can't imagine trying this without stability handheld.

IMAGE: https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2888/32774293663_a86c0c3d91_b.jpg
[IMAGE'S LINK: https://www.flickr.com ...663/in/dateposted-public/] (external link)
rcjn0117 (external link) by Michael Bielecki (external link) on Flickr

Sony A99ii, RX-100ii, Sonnar T* 135mm f/1.8 ZA, Minolta HS 200 2.8 APO, Zeiss 24/2 ZA, Minolta 2xTC APO, HVL-F43M
Flickr (external link)

3,137 views & 6 likes for this thread
What's the reason preventing ibis on DSLR?
FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.