Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Pets
Thread started 16 Feb 2017 (Thursday) 08:46
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Pet - Betta

aquaforester
Joined Nov 2011
Feb 16, 2017 08:46 |  #1

IMAGE: https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/425/32784287385_27f89d540a_c.jpg

Flickr (external link)

Current Gear
Canon 60D, 10-18, 24 Pancake, 60 macro, 70-200 F4

sponsored links
popsandme
797 posts
Joined Jun 2011
Feb 16, 2017 10:08 |  #2

beauty, sadly i cant keep bettas as my yo-yo loach would rip their fins to shreds.
personally i would have cloned the floaters out of the dark background but great shot regardless.

https://www.flickr.com​/photos/61913132@N07/external link

aquaforester
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Nov 2011
Feb 16, 2017 10:21 |  #3

Thanks, the Bettas are best in their own setup. The floaters are you referring to the white dots here and there? i actually did clone alot of them, probably missed a few.

Flickr (external link)

Current Gear

popsandme
797 posts
Joined Jun 2011
Post has been last edited 10 months ago by popsandme. 2 edits done in total.
Feb 16, 2017 10:50 |  #4

aquaforester wrote in post #18275456 (external link)
The floaters are you referring to the white dots here and there? i actually did clone alot of them, probably missed a few.

yes mate, just distracts ever so slightly from the beauty of the fish. great job. just lookking at the pic on flicker and if i were you as there are no comment s on the picture as yet i might be tempted to re edit the shot and upload it again to flickr then edit your original post on here.
the specs are mainly to the top left and underneath to the left of the fish. thats the problem when photographing fish, if you want them to stand out there are so many things floating in the water that the eye doesn't see it can be troublesome when it comes to editing.

aquaforester
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Nov 2011
Feb 16, 2017 11:57 as a reply to popsandme's post |  #5

I just might do that. I think i was doing a lot of cloning and my computer gets very slow with that tool in LR, so I just ended it.

I was looking at your flickr as well (very nice stuff), Speaking of black backgrounds are you suing the flash as the only light or are you post processing. In my pic with the Betta I used the adjustment brush in lightroom and blacked it out. I don't have Photoshop.

Flickr (external link)

Current Gear

popsandme
797 posts
Joined Jun 2011
Post has been edited 10 months ago by popsandme.
Feb 17, 2017 10:16 |  #6

what i used for the black background in my pics is a black glass table with multiple flashes in different places and different settings and edited out the nasty bits in PS CS6, the trouble with editing software is the need for a decent spec PC i.e. plenty of RAM and a good quality processor otherwise the software freezes and takes an age to do what you want it to.

aquaforester
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Nov 2011
Feb 17, 2017 13:08 |  #7

That's pretty much it. i need more RAM, otherwise it's a nightmare. Harder to use OCF to isolate under water. Thank you for the info.

Flickr (external link)

Current Gear

sponsored links

815 views & 1 like for this thread
Pet - Betta
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Pets

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.