Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
Thread started 28 Feb 2017 (Tuesday) 00:46
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

AA RECHARGEABLE BATTERY TEST RESULTS: A SEQUEL TO “6,560 FLASH POPS LATER”

ChibiM
162 posts
Joined Jan 2015

Dec 20, 2017 13:23 |  #106

Pretty impressive indeed. Just a word of caution that 80% is not an accurate number so Im looking much forward to the final 1-year discharge or final pops!! Hang in there Sys :)

Eos M, 5DII, and some lenses.

sponsored links
ChibiM
162 posts
Joined Jan 2015

Feb 09, 2018 11:37 |  #107

Hey Sys, any news on the 1-year discharge test? Thanks

rrblint
Listen! .... do you smell something?
20,623 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2012

Feb 09, 2018 12:01 |  #108

ChibiM wrote in post #18560080 (external link)
Hey Sys, any news on the 1-year discharge test? Thanks

It's on page one, scroll down almost to the bottom.

Mark

CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)
48,312 posts
Gallery: 79 photos
Joined Apr 2003
Post edited 3 months ago by CyberDyneSystems.

Feb 09, 2018 17:09 |  #109

I'm glad you bumped this, had not noticed the year end results.

the leaders all held on to 80% charge for a full year. Very good results.

GEAR LIST
CDS' HOT LINKS
Jake Hegnauer Photography (external link)

ChibiM
162 posts
Joined Jan 2015

Feb 10, 2018 02:53 |  #110

rrblint wrote in post #18560095 (external link)
It's on page one, scroll down almost to the bottom.

Thanks.
Yep, seen them, but those numbers are from the capacity tester which are inaccurate. So to know the real % you either have to do a discharge test on the charger or do the remaining pops on the flash. (Although the former is more accurate for capacity, the latter is more useful to know in this test).

agv8or
Goldmember
2,149 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Oct 2006

Feb 12, 2018 22:08 |  #111

Great to see the year end results. It looks like Powerex made some improvements over their original batteries but they have a long way to go before they win me over to where I would want to invest my money in them again.

I have over 6 years worth of use now on most of my Eneloop and Sanyo XXX (Eneloop Pro) batteries and they are still going strong. I've been using the 16 cell Titanium chargers since day one without a single issue and I have absolutely no battery management practices in place.

I haven't bought a alkaline AA or AAA battery in years. So far I've never had an issue using the white Eneloop batteries in any of my transmitters or any other devices for that matter such as meters, flash lights, shavers, cordless keyboards, mouses etc...

Rand

Gear

ChibiM
162 posts
Joined Jan 2015

Feb 26, 2018 02:05 |  #112

I guess there won't be any final discharge/pop test Sys?

SYS
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
8,939 posts
Gallery: 31 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jul 2004

Feb 26, 2018 12:14 |  #113

ChibiM wrote in post #18572386 (external link)
I guess there won't be any final discharge/pop test Sys?

Nope, I'm DONE with this. I don't enjoy being directed and I certainly don't enjoy being harassed. If you care about it so much, then I'll wait for your own absolutely "correct" test results sometime in the near future. Just be sure to set aside your vested interest in Eneloop while at it. With that said, I'm OUT (and DON'T send me another PM).

"Life is short, art is long..."
-Goethe
My Gear & DIYs

Angmo
looks like I picked a bad week to give up halucinagens
815 posts
Gallery: 22 photos
Joined Dec 2015

Feb 26, 2018 13:06 |  #114

SYS wrote in post #18572696 (external link)
Nope, I'm DONE with this. I don't enjoy being directed and I certainly don't enjoy being harassed. If you care about it so much, then I'll wait for your own absolutely "correct" test results sometime in the near future. Just be sure to set aside your vested interest in Eneloop while at it. With that said, I'm OUT (and DON'T send me another PM).

Massive props and a few beers for you, Sys. Well done.

Well done.

*Used sparingly, the ignore feature is a stress reducer.

Cheers!

Nikons, Rolleiflexes, Elinchroms, Billinghams

ChibiM
162 posts
Joined Jan 2015

Feb 26, 2018 13:20 |  #115

Oh, wow. I totally didnt expect that to happen. Sorry for that. It might be the way I said things, because its my second language? I truly appreciate your test! I still think that was going to be the fairest way of testing!!! You tried to be so precise and fair in the pop tests and recycle test, so I thought you wanted to be precise in all tests. Again sorry for the misinterpretations I might have shown. (or however I should explain that).

drmaxx
908 posts
Gallery: 14 photos
Joined Jul 2010

Feb 26, 2018 13:54 |  #116

This test is epic and confirms what I've experienced. Not all 'low-discharge' rechargeable are created equal - not in capacity (that is easy enough to test) but in terms of discharge. There are good ones and others that just don't hold a candle. Having such a systematic test is awesome and VERY unique. Thanks a lot.

Donate if you love POTN

sponsored links

22,409 views & 52 likes for this thread
AA RECHARGEABLE BATTERY TEST RESULTS: A SEQUEL TO “6,560 FLASH POPS LATER”
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.