Wow - pretty good participation. Thank you all for being a part of this challenge! .I enjoyed each and every one of the entries - each is interesting in its own right.
FIRST PLACE goes to airfrogusmc. I especially like the way that the shadow of the wheel is interrupted by the curb that transects the frame horizontally, and the fact that the curb also has its own light and shadow.
VERY CLOSE SECOND goes to Teekay with his gorgeous sunset image. I like that the shadows are from both very distant sources and very near foreground sources, with the near shadows being of darker, weightier value. Nice tonal gradations make this quite interesting.
HONORABLE MENTIONS go to both darkslinger and Pondrader. The different textures in Pondraders are interesting, as they range from the straight clean lines of the tripod to the big, bold shadows of the puffy jacket to the more subtle, muted, irregular texture of the pants fabric. Darkslinger's street capture has so much going on that I have viewed it for about 15 minutes and am still discovering new points of interest. Love that downspout on the extreme right edge of the frame!
Sooooooo..........congratulations, Allen - looking forward to the new challenge!
Light and Shadow
Post an image that showcases the interplay of ambient light and shadow. Feel free to use any interpretation of the theme that you would like!
The challenge begins when posted, and will end on Thursday, March 9th, 2017 at midnight EST.
The winner will be announced shortly thereafter. (Or more likely, the next morning.)
1. Camera: Any DIGITAL CAMERA is allowed, (not just DSLR)
2. Time: Any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
3. Size: See standard P.O.T.N. Image Posting Rules.
4. Post Processing: Do whatever you like and the host will decide if it works.
5. Posting: ONE PHOTO per photographer in each challenge.
6. Details: Show camera model & lens used. Post brief EXIF data including ISO, shutter speed and aperture used.
7. Commenting: Please, NO COMMENTING DURING CHALLENGE feel free to comment in this thread after a winner is declared.
8. Content: Keep it clean, and both Family and Work safe.
9. Have questions? PM me.
10. Have FUN!
* THE WINNER ALWAYS SETS THE THEME FOR THE NEXT CHALLENGE, POSTS IT AND JUDGES IT - BE PREPARED! A new challenge should be posted ASAP after you have been declared the winner.