Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Still Life, B/W & Experimental
Thread started 23 Mar 2017 (Thursday) 18:55
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Taming the Beast

K ­ Soze
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Dec 2011
Mar 25, 2017 08:20 |  #16

Dave3222 wrote in post #18310119 (external link)
This is a great series. I really like the concept. Do you have an idea for the next set? Perhaps the nails may enlist the help of other tools :p

Well. I am not posting them in order. I have one more to shoot, "The Attack" That scene is the hammer, doing what hammers do pounding nails.

I have a story board of 8 shots. The hammer pounding nails, the nails capture the hammer, they tame the hammer and they use the hammer to pull their fellow nails out. I will end up with 8 shots in digital and 8 fit for hand making B&W silver gel prints. This way I can do a show of 4 to 8 in a gallery, sell individual prints or sets. I already have an order for one of the digital pints from my FB page. I have been using social media as a sounding board for this project. I have not done one quite like this and the first two people I showed it to did not get it or hated it. So I needed a little positive feedback to go on.

I will post the rest as a set when I am done. I had a sick kid for two days and I have not shot the first scene yet.

I try to make art by pushing buttons

OhLook
Spiderwoman
15,281 posts
Gallery: 64 photos
Joined Dec 2012
California: SF Bay Area
Mar 25, 2017 10:34 |  #17

K Soze wrote in post #18310409 (external link)
I have been using social media as a sounding board for this project. I have not done one quite like this and the first two people I showed it to did not get it or hated it. So I needed a little positive feedback to go on.

For evaluating photos, I'd trust the POTN audience over social media in general. These images are well conceived and well executed, and they're funny. I'd like to see the whole set in order in one thread.

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS FOR YOU: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.) | IMAGE EDITING OK

Dave3222
Goldmember
Joined Jul 2013
Mar 25, 2017 10:52 |  #18

OhLook wrote in post #18310488 (external link)
For evaluating photos, I'd trust the POTN audience over social media in general. These images are well conceived and well executed, and they're funny. I'd like to see the whole set in order in one thread.

I agree. This is so very cool. I would also like to see the whole set start to finish.

K ­ Soze
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Dec 2011
Mar 25, 2017 11:29 |  #19

I'll put the hole series up next week sometime. Had a sick kid here, fell behind in work and play.

The people I showed it to are photographers in my local club. Beside not getting it I was asked if I was drunk or angry. I was not drunk ;)

I try to make art by pushing buttons

1,896 views & 8 likes for this thread
Taming the Beast
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Still Life, B/W & Experimental

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.