Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk
Thread started 26 Mar 2017 (Sunday) 12:56
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Photographer seems to be ignoring me?

kay.b87
Hatchling
9 posts
Joined Mar 2017
Mar 26, 2017 12:56 |  #1

I apologize if this isnt the right place to post something like this....

I've always used the same photographer for all my family's needs. I have had photos taken and had an excellent experience with her over 5 times. She is talented, friendly, and has a very quick turn around time. The first time we worked together, she had me sign a contract, but each time since everything has been verbal with no issues.

On 2/28 she took cake smash photos for my son's first birthday. We went to her home studio, my son made a huge mess but it was a lot of fun and she seemed genuinely excited to get the pictures done. She kept showing me the pictures she was taking, they looked so cute! When we were done and got everything cleaned up, she said she would have a preview up to me in about a week. I told her there is no real rush, but if she could send me one or two that I could post online the next day for his birthday would be awesome.

The next day, on 3/1, she sent me 8 images (that she chose) and edited them (still had her watermark on them however). They were super cute. I expressed how excited I was to see the rest, and made sure I paid her through paypal enough to receive 20 images when everything was said and done. Everything was fine and dandy.

Flash forward to now, and she seems to be ignoring me. I emailed her on 3/13, I asked if we could touch base on the photos (she had originally told me she would have the preview to me in a week, and she has forgotten to send me the preview until i reminded her in the past)
I emailed her on 3/21 again, letting her know that I expect she is just busy, but again I havent heard a thing about the photos since 3/1.....no response.
I texted her yesterday morning, no response. So I called her yesterday afternoon, and big surprise.... no answer.

I know that 26 days might not sound like a long time to wait. It is really unlike her (i have used her 5 or more times, each time taking about a week to get the preview)
I am very upset that she is seemingly ignoring a paying customer. Who has already paid in full for her services.
Just wondering what my next steps should be?

sponsored links
DunnoWhen
Goldmember
1,746 posts
Joined Mar 2006
South Wales
Mar 26, 2017 13:11 |  #2

Just a quick question, but are you sure that nothing has befallen her that precludes her from dealing with you at this time?

My wisdom is learned from the experience of others.

kay.b87
THREAD ­ STARTER
Hatchling
9 posts
Joined Mar 2017
Mar 26, 2017 13:20 as a reply to DunnoWhen's post |  #3

If she did, all it would take is a quick reply from her and I would totally understand. She has been on facebook, even posting advertisements for herself on there, so a quick reply keeping me in the loop shouldnt be a problem....

DaviSto
... sorry. I got carried away!
Joined Nov 2016
Abuja Nigeria
Mar 26, 2017 13:38 as a reply to kay.b87's post |  #4

Maybe post a gentle inquiry publicly on FB. That might jolt her a little.

DreDaze
happy with myself for not saying anything stupid
17,421 posts
Gallery: 17 photos
Joined Mar 2006
S.F. Bay Area
Mar 26, 2017 14:20 |  #5

is it just advertisements on facebook? i imagine there's probably a way to automatically post ads there

Andre or Dre
gear list
Instagram (external link)
flickr (external link)
my 366 for 2016 (external link)

kay.b87
THREAD ­ STARTER
Hatchling
9 posts
Joined Mar 2017
Mar 26, 2017 14:27 as a reply to DreDaze's post |  #6

No, not the automatic ones. People have posted, "Does anyone know of a photographer..." and she will reply, advertising herself to them. She also posted about an event she had a booth set up at.
I will wait a day or two more, and write on her public FB wall.

CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)
46,900 posts
Gallery: 69 photos
Joined Apr 2003
Rhode Island USA
Post has been edited 2 months ago by CyberDyneSystems.
Mar 26, 2017 14:33 |  #7

This seems more of a business/customer support related question as opposed to a question that our forum of photographers is here to answer. (ie: this could be a mechanic, carpenter, framer, etc..)

No problem to ask here, but I do find it a strangely out of place first post to a photography forum.

Of course it is strange behavior on the part of the professional to ignore paying customers no matter what the product/service is.

BBB, and or small claims might be some eventual steps. I can;t think of another way to proceed or get more information from the photographer.

GEAR LIST
CDS' HOT LINKS
Jake Hegnauer Photography (external link)

CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)
46,900 posts
Gallery: 69 photos
Joined Apr 2003
Rhode Island USA
Mar 26, 2017 14:34 |  #8

kay.b87 wrote in post #18311478 (external link)
No, not the automatic ones. People have posted, "Does anyone know of a photographer..." and she will reply, advertising herself to them. She also posted about an event she had a booth set up at.

If this does end up in small claims, be careful about posting anything that might damage your own case.

GEAR LIST
CDS' HOT LINKS
Jake Hegnauer Photography (external link)

DaviSto
Joined Nov 2016
Abuja Nigeria
Mar 26, 2017 14:42 as a reply to CyberDyneSystems's post |  #9

In fairness to the OP, there are a whole lot of threads on POTN that are generically similar to this. It's not an unusual sort of discussion.

ONE30
I don't have a point!!!
4,078 posts
Joined Mar 2011
newYORK
Mar 26, 2017 15:12 |  #10

...drive over to her studio, leave a note if she's not there. if no reply, stop wasting your time and move on!

hope everything works out

enjoy!

DaviSto
Joined Nov 2016
Abuja Nigeria
Mar 26, 2017 15:18 |  #11

ONE30 wrote in post #18311543 (external link)
...drive over to her studio, leave a note if she's not there. if no reply, stop wasting your time and move on!

hope everything works out

enjoy!

Doesn't seem right to me. There is a contract in place with a paying customer. The photographer should expect much grief and pain from her failure to deliver. She should not be denied it just because it's all too much trouble.

ONE30
I don't have a point!!!
4,078 posts
Joined Mar 2011
newYORK
Mar 26, 2017 15:23 |  #12

DaviSto wrote in post #18311546 (external link)
Doesn't seem right to me. There is a contract in place with a paying customer. The photographer should expect much grief and pain from her failure to deliver. She should not be denied it just because it's all too much trouble.

ok, OP has not heared from her in about a month, what else is left for him to do other than paying her a visit? keep complaining?

just my opinion, not defending anyone! if i were the OP, i'd take it as a loss and start looking for a new photographer to recreate the birthday scenario!

enjoy!!!

sjones
Goldmember
2,169 posts
Joined Aug 2005
Chicago
Mar 26, 2017 16:59 |  #13

My apologies in advance, but humans, particularly females, regularly ignore me, so it could be worse…again, sorry, but just thought I would inject some perspective in my otherwise utterly useless post.

April-September 2016 (external link)
Eggleston's photography is superb. Deal with it!
It's the Photographer (external link) | God Loves Photoshop (external link)

Jethr0
Joined Aug 2012
ON, Canada
Mar 26, 2017 17:12 |  #14

kay.b87 wrote in post #18311478 (external link)

Don't forget to be nice.

7DMKII/Canon 24-105 f4L/Sigma 10-20/Sigma 24-70 2.8/Sigma 70-200 2.8/Sigma 150-500 & some Speedlites
www.jefflowe.ca (external link)
Instagram: https://www.instagram.​com/jefflowe.ca (external link)

kay.b87
THREAD ­ STARTER
Hatchling
9 posts
Joined Mar 2017
Mar 26, 2017 21:09 as a reply to ONE30's post |  #15

I'm really not confrontational. If she would just give me an explanation I would be very understanding and patient.

I was thinking of writing her another email, basically saying if I don't hear back from her by ___ date, I will be getting a refund through PayPal and letting her know I would be sure to leave negative reviews on her social media.

I mean I already will be leaving negative reviews, but maybe it would put fire under her butt to at least send me the photos (as opposed to "cutting my losses" I just want the photos!!)

sponsored links

3,704 views & 27 likes for this thread
Photographer seems to be ignoring me?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.