Places I love in Newfoundland,
- Cape St. Marys: Amazing scenic landscape, and Gannets nesting. A nice motel with a water view minutes away.
- Avalon / Ferry land: A great lighthouse,. and wonderful walking trails. View of a sea cave mouth.
- Cape Bona Vista: Whales, Puffins and more almost always in sight from shore, where again amazing landscapes will tempt you. Beautiful lighthouse etc.
- Trinity: A good place to eat well, and even see theatre. Whale watches,. (though Bona Vista likely better for that) Beautiful bay and scenery. (seeing a theme here) Rocky's bar!
- Tickle Cove, Red cliff: Not on many lists, but a sweet community, and the red cliff is amazing with a natural arch/tunnel over the water.
- Gros Morne national park: Western Brook pond fjord etc.
With the exception of Gros Morne, this is all relatively nearby and easily gotten too via rental car. Gros Morne is on the Western Coast, so a bit of a trip to get to. The rest is all quite near St. Johns