Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk
Thread started 04 Apr 2017 (Tuesday) 08:58
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Make my 365 day photo challenge for me!!!

Nick ­ Aufiero
Joined May 2013
Oklahoma city
Apr 04, 2017 08:58 |  #1

I thought it would be cool to have each person post an idea and each thing will be a day of my 365 day challenge!!

Anything is fine just nothing crazy over the top since I DOOOOOO live in Oklahoma and its pretty much garbage here hahah

Anyways, TIA to those who help!
I would also accept links to others if you have seen some that are fun and easy.

Also doing this as a learning project for a local group I kinda run and teach with!

My site is www.NickAufiero.com (external link)

sponsored links
MalVeauX
"Looks rough and well used"
Joined Feb 2013
Florida
Apr 04, 2017 09:03 |  #2

Storm chase.

Very best,

My Flickr (external link) :: My Astrobin (external link)

photosbytw
Goldmember
Joined Jan 2015
Blue Ridge Mountains
Post has been edited 6 months ago by photosbytw.
Apr 04, 2017 09:30 |  #3

Oklahoma football playing for a national championship..........​.....oh wait, you said nothing crazy over the top.....:twisted::twisted:

tw
Don't even begin to think I'm criticizing your images.
Just a natural curiosity.

www.photosbytw.net (external link)

AZGeorge
Goldmember
Joined Dec 2010
Southen Arizona
Apr 04, 2017 12:18 |  #4

A few just in case the thread slows down before 365 days are mapped. These are intended to get you out of the big city.

farmer starting work at dawn
surprising OK lushness
fishing in a farm tank
close detail of a pumpjack
damage from OK earthquake
young couple on midway of OK State Fair
historic Route 66

George
Democracy Dies in Darkness

Bassat
"I am still in my underwear."
6,284 posts
Joined Oct 2015
Bourbon, Indiana - USA
Apr 04, 2017 12:57 |  #5

Good luck finding a farmer who doesn't start working until dawn. Perhaps someone else needs to get out of the big city. :)

Tom

AZGeorge
Goldmember
Joined Dec 2010
Southen Arizona
Apr 04, 2017 19:55 |  #6

Bassat wrote in post #18319372 (external link)
Good luck finding a farmer who doesn't start working until dawn. Perhaps someone else needs to get out of the big city. :)

Yes!

I should have said starting outdoor work. A guy or gal sitting in front of a machine trying to make sense of futures v weather v expected yields v money rates might be a tough shot.

George

Larry ­ Johnson
Goldmember
1,172 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Sep 2011
Virginia
Apr 04, 2017 20:53 |  #7

An Okie from Muskogee

flickr (external link)

Bassat
"I am still in my underwear."
6,284 posts
Joined Oct 2015
Bourbon, Indiana - USA
Post has been edited 6 months ago by Bassat.
Apr 04, 2017 21:14 |  #8

AZGeorge wrote in post #18319676 (external link)
Yes!

I should have said starting outdoor work. A guy or gal sitting in front of a machine trying to make sense of futures v weather v expected yields v money rates might be a tough shot.

Have you ever seen are real farm, or a real farmer? I live in corn country Indiana. Flat, fertile, well-drained land. In a good year my land tops 200 bushels of corn per acre. A new John Deere combine runs just north of $600,000. Add another $500,000 for tractors (farm and OTR), grain trailers, grain wagons. Oh, lets not forget the crop-specific head for the combine. Those run $60-70,000 each. When you put that kind of money into making money, you don't wait on the sun to come up, or go to bed when it goes down. Oh yeah, the tractors and combines around here have lights on them. They work until the job is done.

Tom

Nick ­ Aufiero
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined May 2013
Oklahoma city
Apr 04, 2017 21:31 as a reply to photosbytw's post |  #9

I'm sure I would get this joke if I cared about sports even in the slightest
:D

My site is www.NickAufiero.com (external link)

AZGeorge
Goldmember
Joined Dec 2010
Southen Arizona
Apr 04, 2017 22:53 |  #10

Bassat wrote in post #18319720 (external link)
Have you ever seen are real farm, or a real farmer? I live in corn country Indiana. Flat, fertile, well-drained land. In a good year my land tops 200 bushels of corn per acre. A new John Deere combine runs just north of $600,000. Add another $500,000 for tractors (farm and OTR), grain trailers, grain wagons. Oh, lets not forget the crop-specific head for the combine. Those run $60-70,000 each. When you put that kind of money into making money, you don't wait on the sun to come up, or go to bed when it goes down. Oh yeah, the tractors and combines around here have lights on them. They work until the job is done.

Oh yes, I'm extremely familiar with farms and farming, though in Central Iowa. I've even helped friends in the field, though I was never much good at backing those wagons. Equipment costs are one reason a farmer is huddled over financial software, but there are plenty of others. The risky decision of when to sell great yields of corn and beans leads many operators into the futures market. My suggestion of a shot was simply taking advantage of early morning light.

George

PixelPusher
Goldmember
Joined Feb 2009
Surf City, USA - Left Coast
Apr 05, 2017 16:54 |  #11

Since you are in OK how about something like the street racers from the "405" (Street Outlaws). Even though I don't race or have a muscle car I sure dig watching that show. You would never see anything like that in person here in So California without getting busted pretty quick.

Robert
7DII, 7DI, 400D, 500 F4L IS, 400 F5.6L, 70-200 F2.8L IS, 17-55 F2.8 IS, 420EX, Gitzo 3541XLS, Wimberley WH-200 VII
SmugMug (external link)

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
Joined Dec 2008
Omak, in north-central Washington state, USA
Apr 05, 2017 17:33 |  #12

Nick Aufiero wrote in post #18319129 (external link)
I thought it would be cool to have each person post an idea and each thing will be a day of my 365 day challenge!!

Ok, I'll play.

How about a twentysomething woman in a bikini?

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "peace of mind", NOT "piece of mind".

photosbytw
Goldmember
Joined Jan 2015
Blue Ridge Mountains
Apr 05, 2017 17:36 as a reply to Tom Reichner's post |  #13

Better yet......how about an severely overweight 50 year old male in a speedo...............:twisted::twisted:

tw
Don't even begin to think I'm criticizing your images.
Just a natural curiosity.

www.photosbytw.net (external link)

chauncey
Cream of the Crop
9,693 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jun 2007
MI/CO
Apr 05, 2017 18:19 |  #14

Better yet......how about an severely overweight 50 year old male in a speedo...............

I'm indeed pleased that I'm not the only member off his drugs.

The things you do for yourself die with you, the things you do for others live forever.
A man's worth should be judged, not when he basks in the sun, but how he faces the storm.

My stuff...http://1x.com/member/c​hauncey43external link

Left ­ Handed ­ Brisket
That's my line!
Joined Jun 2011
The Uwharrie Mts, NC
Apr 05, 2017 18:28 |  #15

I have a feeling this 365 project will either be the best ever, or an abject disaster. lol

No middle ground on this one.

PSA: The above post may contain sarcasm, reply at your own risk | Formerly he's gone before apostrophe-gate | Not in gear database: Canon 70-210 3.5-4.5, Auto Sears 50mm 2.0 / 2x CL-360, Nikon SB-28, SunPak auto 322 D, Minolta 20

sponsored links

3,510 views & 9 likes for this thread
Make my 365 day photo challenge for me!!!
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.