Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Changing Camera Brands
Thread started 14 Apr 2017 (Friday) 10:58
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Moving to Sony

Somebloke
633 posts
Joined Sep 2013
Aug 12, 2017 19:22 |  #16

I was in exactly your situation-take a lot of photos but also wanted video. Also wanted something more compact and lightweight than the D810 I was using.

Ended up buying a A6500. Was so blown away by it I sold the D810 and the A6500 and now have the best of both worlds in my new A7rii.

Am so happy. It's crazy how good it is, and how compact and lite! At first I kept feeling like I had forgot to pack my camera because my bag felt so lite in comparison to what I was used to.

Also find I'm using my camera a million times more for family stuff-chuck the 28mm f2 on and it fits nicely into wifes handbag or my hoody pocket. Never looked back!!

Somebloke
633 posts
Joined Sep 2013
Aug 12, 2017 19:29 as a reply to post 18425776 |  #17

One thing I do kinda miss from the A6500 though that will probably be in the A7riii is the touch screen-very cool for changing focus points when videoing. But I figured the A7r3 will be at least another $1k on the A7r2 so mehhh I can live without the touch screen

2,125 views & 2 likes for this thread
Moving to Sony
FORUMS General Gear Talk Changing Camera Brands

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.