Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk
Thread started 16 Apr 2017 (Sunday) 19:30
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Best Wedding Presets?

Aressem
Goldmember
Joined Dec 2009
Vancouver, BC
Apr 16, 2017 19:30 |  #1

Hi all,

If any of you have purchased a set of presets you love to use on portraits (specifically wedding photography), would you mind sharing which ones your using and some examples of before and afters?

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

Ryan Mackay WEBSITE (external link) | FACEBOOK (external link) | GEAR LIST | Buy & Sell Feedback: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

sponsored links
memoriesoftomorrow
Goldmember
3,843 posts
Joined Nov 2010
Apr 16, 2017 21:36 |  #2

Better to make your own and develop your own look rather than become one of the herd.

Peter

koolcreation
Joined Oct 2010
Apr 17, 2017 09:41 |  #3

Hard to answer which one is best cause it all depends on your style and how you're wanting the final export to look like.

5DMKII | 50mm 1.4 | 24-105 f/4 | Speedlights - Strobes |
Flickr (external link)
Instagram @KoolCreationPhoto (external link)

Jethr0
Joined Aug 2012
ON, Canada
Apr 17, 2017 10:22 |  #4

I had a look at your site.

I don't think you need to buy any presets TBH.
I personally get much more satisfaction from learning new editing techniques/methods on my own.

www.jefflowe.ca (external link)
Instagram: https://www.instagram.​com/jefflowe.ca (external link)

Aressem
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Dec 2009
Vancouver, BC
Apr 17, 2017 16:23 |  #5

Jethr0 wrote in post #18330227 (external link)
I had a look at your site.

I don't think you need to buy any presets TBH.
I personally get much more satisfaction from learning new editing techniques/methods on my own.

Thanks - I appreciate the kind words. Perhaps I'll find some examples of a style that I really like but don't know how to recreate. I like to think I'm pretty good behind the camera; not so much when it comes to editing though. I'm colorblind, and it limits my creativity, unfortunately. People always ask me how I shoot professionally, being colorblind, but the answer is simple. I use tools to calibrate my monitor and create color profiles such as the colorchecker passport. Getting colors accurate isn't the issue. It's creating a "look" or "style" that I really struggle with. Colorblind or not though, I'm no expert in photoshop.

I'll find some examples of what I've seen that I'd LOVE to learn how to recreate and perhaps some of you can lend some suggestions. I'd ask the photographers directly, but no one is going to want to give away their presets and/or tricks.

- Ryan

Ryan Mackay WEBSITE (external link) | FACEBOOK (external link) | GEAR LIST | Buy & Sell Feedback: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Jethr0
Joined Aug 2012
ON, Canada
Apr 17, 2017 16:47 as a reply to Aressem's post |  #6

Post up some links to examples of what you're trying to accomplish.
I'm also no expert but I'm sure the collective may nod of POTN can help.

Aressem
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Dec 2009
Vancouver, BC
Apr 18, 2017 09:37 |  #7

I think I know what I'm looking for - it's the cinematic tones. Can anyone help with that?

Jethr0
Joined Aug 2012
ON, Canada
Apr 18, 2017 09:41 as a reply to Aressem's post |  #8

I used this as a guide: http://shutterpulse.co​m ...atic-effect-in-lightroom/ (external link)

there are much more complex ways to get the cinematic look but this is a good starting point IMO.

Mike ­ T.M.
499 posts
Joined Sep 2005
Canton, OH
Apr 18, 2017 10:11 |  #9

Hi all,

Looking on purchasing newer gear and I had the Canon 17-40 as a want...thinking I would want more than the Canon 24-70. Is anyone using this lens, and if so, how many times during a wedding?

Aressem
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Dec 2009
Vancouver, BC
Apr 18, 2017 10:22 |  #10

Mike T.M. wrote in post #18331112 (external link)
Hi all,

Looking on purchasing newer gear and I had the Canon 17-40 as a want...thinking I would want more than the Canon 24-70. Is anyone using this lens, and if so, how many times during a wedding?

I'm not sure that you meant to post that here (seems totally off topic)... but I'll answer your question. I don't personally own the 17-40, although I can't see it being super practical for weddings. The 24-70 is a much better lens all-around. If you want something wide though, consider the 16-35 f/2.8. Just my 2 cents...

Mike ­ T.M.
499 posts
Joined Sep 2005
Canton, OH
Apr 18, 2017 12:29 as a reply to Aressem's post |  #11

yeah shouldn't of been posted here - sorry

Colin ­ Glover
Goldmember
Joined Aug 2012
Southport nr Liverpool United Kingdom
Apr 19, 2017 09:52 |  #12

Try www.presetlove.com (external link). Over 230 up there with a B&A for every them. of them. Several cinematic ones there too.

Canon EOS 70D, Canon EOS 600D, EF-S 18-55 ii, EF 55-200 USM ii, EF-S 75-300 iii, Tamron 28-80, Sigma 70-210. Pentax 50mm, Pentax 135mm, EF-S 55-250, Raynox Macro adapter, Neewer filters (CPL, UV, FLD & ND4), Fuji HS20 EXR (30X zoom ) & cable release, Yongnuo 560 iii & Luxon 9800A manual flashguns for the Fuji, Hama Star 63 tripod, Hongdek RC-6 remote control, Velbon DF 40 www.point-n-shoot.co.uk website.

Colin ­ Glover
Goldmember
Joined Aug 2012
Southport nr Liverpool United Kingdom
Apr 19, 2017 10:19 |  #13

Not had chance to download many, as its a one at a time d/l and not in zip files. There are some gorgeous vintage mattes on there.
However, a word of warning; if your starting image is not in roughly the same ballpark as the image they show, then the results can look very different. With tweaking, this can be made acceptable.

Canon EOS 70D, Canon EOS 600D, EF-S 18-55 ii, EF 55-200 USM ii, EF-S 75-300 iii, Tamron 28-80, Sigma 70-210. Pentax 50mm, Pentax 135mm, EF-S 55-250, Raynox Macro adapter, Neewer filters (CPL, UV, FLD & ND4), Fuji HS20 EXR (30X zoom ) & cable release, Yongnuo 560 iii & Luxon 9800A manual flashguns for the Fuji, Hama Star 63 tripod, Hongdek RC-6 remote control, Velbon DF 40 www.point-n-shoot.co.uk website.

Joysy
Hatchling
2 posts
Joined Jun 2017
Jun 03, 2017 05:07 |  #14

Hi, If you are looking for some presets, google some wedding retouching companies. Sometimes they give several free download able presets. They trying to attract more visitors and in this way just entice people.

scorpio_e
Cream of the Crop
Joined Aug 2007
Pa
Jun 04, 2017 06:12 |  #15

One 1 has some nice presets: https://www.on1.com/fr​ee/lightroom-presets/ (external link)

www.steelcityphotograp​hy.com (external link)

sponsored links

6,163 views & 4 likes for this thread
Best Wedding Presets?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.